CARP FORUM TRIAL

H

Herr General Swordsy

So long as Ozzy carp are not brought up then I promise to play nice......I had a banger on opening weekend off the Trent it went like a good un!

I would hate to lose the carp boys they have some cracking articles between them that can be bastardised for the carbeller.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Malc, don't know if your joking, hope you are because we've had a laugh!

This isn't the way Graham meant it to go!

Eddie C, I don't agree, anybody can rip the piss out of me in bait box and I will still have a serious chat later on with no offence taken, maybe thats just me?

Steve

F

Frothey

ah, you know stu, hanging round the docks keeping the lads happy.....

E

EC

Steve, I know that mate, but its obvious that some are taking offence and are staying away!

If I had offended somebody to that point then I would rather know so that I could explain myself and/or apologise!

Maybe the offending articles/threads should be highlighted!

L

Les Clark

Sorry but this thread is going backwards instead of forward ,wipe the slate clean and start again .
Baz ,if you want a row do it in the bait box.
Malc ,Bite or ignore (remember).

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
still charging tho Froth, thats the main thing!

I don't even get the sympathy tip no more, giveaways and handjobs, sorry I meant hand outs!

We must compare notes someday.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am putting my point of view forward on thid thread, in a calm and collected manner.
Just the same as most people.

M

Moody Malc

Taken from Graham's initial post:

"If you're not a carp angler and have no intentions of starting carp fishing, and have nothing constructive to contribute to a thread on the carp forum, then keep off it.

We'll leave the debate about whether this request is good, bad or indifferent to another time. Or start another thread on another section of the forum."

H

Herr General Swordsy

the main thing is moving forward, no sane angler wants to lose the carp boys as they do some great inovative work but at the same time they can be a bunch of "merchant bankers" with as much compassion for the rest of the sport as my old uncle Joe Mengele had for the "circumsised"

As Graham says each to their own but at the same time respect others rights because theres nowt worse than a king carp angler!

M

Moody Malc

"respect others rights because theres nowt worse than a king carp angler!"

Absolutely Swordsey!

But I can't ever recall a carper on here slating other disciplines or other types of angler - it just seems to work the other way round mate! yet carpers get the bad name for doing this? Strange?

F

Frothey

"I am putting my point of view forward on thid thread, in a calm and collected manner."

"Carpers are worth Jack Shit from now on."

mmmmmmmmmmm

the msg worked lee ;) that, and a bit of honey on the cashew nuts.

H

Herr General Swordsy

No they don't slate them because to some of the "proper carp anglers" they do not exist, I would actually call myself a carp angler, not a good one but I do enjoy catching them.

There is room for everyone on FM

H

Herr General Swordsy

Frothy are you fishing illegal baits as well? :O)

Bill Maitland

Reaction score
Some people go over the top and drag threads down just for the hell of it.
I enjoy carping half the year and the river the other half for chub mainly.

I wouldn't like to see the likes of Stu and Rik leave the site as I enjoy what they have to say and their articles.
Most of the carp guys seem to be able to enjoy a bit of banter but others go to far and they are usually the non carpers.

I can give as good as I get, and will, but shit should stay in the baitbox.

The site will be poorer for the loss of any of the carp lads, and I can't say that of others on this site !!!!

H

Herr General Swordsy

Eh, Frothy Ive got a thai recipe for cashews at work, its excellent. all you do is dry fry them with shaved coconut and honey and one or two other bits, I will write it out and send it to you. You'll love it.

Bill Maitland

Reaction score
By the way, well said Graham !!

Swordsy, Malc, there are tossers in all styles of fishing just as there are decent guys.

90% of carp lads I know or meet are good guys and treat other species with the respect they deserve and don't have a chip on their shoulder.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

1 pound pork stir-fry strips (loin, tenderloin, or pork leg)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced

bung the lot in and enjoy