CARP FORUM TRIAL

F

Fred Bonney

Well,I have to say I haven't read the Carp Forum for sometime now,something or someone or both was missing.
I only occasionally fish for Carp on purpose but, I've learnt a great deal from the sensible contributions and hope for their return.
By the way, when we doing Walthamstow again?

I have to say that most of Bait Box swims by me too.

F

Frothey

theres only one type of pork i like wol! i'll give it a go with chicken....;)

cheers lee, send away!

P

paul williams 2

i haven't been on the CF for a while, i can't believe that the likes of Stu, Rik, and Malc feel so agrieved, it's only fishing! wasamarra with some of you?

W

William Spencer

problem is that when someone asks advice we get ten different replies and ten repliers all think that" i am the great i am,my answer is law"this is when the petty arguments start.stop the arguing and get the rods out ffs.

M

Moody Malc

"and ten repliers all think that" i am the great i am,my answer is law"

?????

L

Les Clark

William ,you have hit the nail on the head mate ,we are all amatures on here ,there are some who are semi pro :Graham M .
Jim G .
BoB R .
Ron C .
No disrespect to any of these people and to any that I have left out ,but we all come on F/M for or to give advice ,plus a laugh ,and we should`nt get out of our pram if someone give`s a different veiw ,debate it yes ,have a good crack ,but don`t slag people off for their veiws .

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Okay then.
Could my accusers point out these threads where I have caused people to stop posting, leave the forum, caused offence, or slated carp anglers?
Can you point out to me where I have caused offence and justify these accusations?

R

Robert Woods 1

I like FM because it covers all types of fishing. I dabble in piking, carping and a bit of barbel bashing. We should just stop all this arguing now as we get enough of it in TV with Europe etc. It must be the hot weather.

Bouncer Bob.

Bill Maitland

Reaction score
Baz, you either think you're guilty or are paranoid, whats the reason for that.

If I had wanted to name you I would but, you seem to have named yourself.

There is no doubt in my mind that you have pissed people off at times and if I could be botherd to scour past threads and posts I'm sure I could find some examples.

Your attitude to carp angling or session anglers always seems to be pants to me and I think you get others backs up and provoke people.
This ok in the baitbox but not elsewhere.

If you don't like carping, don't comment on the forum.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
tis true Les, must be the sun!!!!

I hope you and yours are all well and your net remains full.

S

sash

There are bad eggs in every basket. I've seen carpers with poor attitudes as well as general speci sorts as well as match anglers and even the average pleasure angler (shock, horror).

If we concentrated on those bad eggs I'm sure that every aspect of the sport could be slated.

A lot of people on these forums have strong views which personally, I like. Some I disagree with but respect because I know they are good anglers. Others I disagree with and firmly believe that they haven't a clue. There are even some I agree with ;o)

I'd like to see the carp forum get back to what it once was with good discussioins on a range of topics and less of the "what's the best rod to catch a 20 on type" topic even though they do have their place. I also believe that a number of posters could learn a lot from the carp forum and translate the ideas into their own fishing rather than slagging everything off (and vice versa obviously).

I don't mind a bit of banter, but I do the mindless, tunnel-visioned element.

L

Les Clark

I wouldn`t like to see this thread turn into a witch hunt ,that would be unfair ,we are all guilty of going to far sometime`s .

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Les I concur.

I've talked to loads of good blokes on here, on threads and some through e mails.
Everybody has been more than willing to offer advice, that is why I log on and to have the occasional laugh!

We all love fishing, it's special to us! which ever form of angling that might be.

For me, I have learned loads about carp angling. Rigs, set ups and tackle, bait and baiting. If I had not found FM I would still be Dumb or Dumberer about carp fishing, cheers lads!

"Stud", sorry!, Stu D, I never knew pre baiting, spodding to be precise, is such hard work (me arms hanging off!)

E

EC

Bill if you had read the posts on the other thread which was started to debate this issue (as per Grahams initial post) you would have seen that Baz has not named himself, although others have named him!

Asking people to justify this is fair enough as I see it!

P

paul williams 2

Hi Stu! i'm fine....hope you are to and looking after Rik!
I just think it's sad that such a void can develop amongst blokes who have so much in common in reality!

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
I have noticed some really good threads and advice in the last couple of days. I tend not to get involved with the rows i have learnt a lot from a few on here who always offer sound advice and i try to help where i can. I dont know what FM was like in the past but it looks to be getting better cheers boys well done.

I do feel carpers get the bad end of the stick most of us have got into carping through progressing through other species.
i have not met many carpers who dont have respect for other anglers or there species.

Just because we dont want to catch bream or tench doesnt mean we have less respect for people who do.