Pre-Baiting!

Bill Maitland

Reaction score
Stu, did ok on the method a couple of years ago but better last year as I described.
Hadn't really thought about it this year so might be worth a try.

I've bought some 3ml artic krill pellets which break down completely in a short time and are very fishy but haven't had time to give them ago yet.

J

jason fisher

ian you said "Thanks Stuart, your reply is very informative matey."

they always are if he's being serious that's why were glad to have him n rik back.

J

jason fisher

further to what i put in my first post, if it's not a new bait but it's one i've used on the water i don't tend to spray it all over the place, i then concentrate on putting plenty of particle type baits in concentrated areas with just a few free offering bolies in among them to get the fish used to seeing them there.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Rik gave me an awesome recipe for carp balls which could easily be adapted for the method. Rik its your call if you wanna share that yet?

B

Big Rik

considering we talk fishing for at least 3 hours a day, I'm not sure which one you mean.

Is it the one I used here ?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
it's that as a base but its the other bits we discussed and added that I believe have made a difference.

Hope you've forgotten actually, it'll be my edge on next session lover!

B

Big Rik

you can tell everybody mate, I've got no secrets.

I'm confident enough to share everything.
(well, almost everything)

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
1 - Soak and boil hemp
2 - Place mixed pellet in a bucket and pour over boiling hot hemp water to mush them down and release oils.
3 - throw hemp into the mushed pellet
4 - add 3 pints of dead frozen maggot
5 - add shed load of vitalin to dry the mix
6 - add new batch of mixed pellet to dryer mix as this won't mush
7 - Add mixed array of broken boilies (same choice as intended hook bait)
8 - Add glug or flavouring of intended hook bait
9 - mix together and make up tangerine size balls
10 - freeze balls
11 - throw out frozen balls into intended swim

This mix is sticky enough to use on the method. Superbulous!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
if you're allowed particles on your venue then shred tigers and maize and peanuts via the wifes blender and add that as well. The trick is not to have many big chunks of bait within the mix as you want to encourgae them to feed not pig out on your mix if you get my drift.

B

Big Rik

point 8 needs to be somewhere betwixt points 2 and 3, else it wont flow thru the whole mix and it'll concentrate in pockets.

C

Cakey

I signed up and had the lecture (rules etc)on Tuesday night so yesterday I thought I would do an afternoon evening session,
gets down there at 2o/c no one in sight some carp and bream up on top but a few carp feeding on the baited area.
its a small weir pool with iron railings down all four sides so I dropped in the first swim closest to the weir (about 15 yds).
at 3o/c I had a screaming run and landed a 10lb common and I thought great my first river carp of the season.
at 4o/c I had every school kid in the town fishing the weir ,on it ,under it ,over it
I thought I would sit it out and see if they would piss off after a while
at about 5o/c 2 bailiffs from the night before set up between me and the weir pool and when I said Ive got baits there they said tough this is how they always fish
I packed up and went home.............

G

Gary Knowles 2

Stu/Rik - used to do the same (frozen balls).

but made them flat and inserted a stone for river pre-baiting...