pelletts

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
mmmmmm......interesting question Terry, all I'll say is that I have a good mate in the trade up north who's sold skip loads of bloodworm pellets. He's also sold bucket full's of bloodworm liquid flavourings. His advice was very informative and strongly suggested to me as a mate........

........to buy standard pellet and flavour your own if you wish to have a bloodworm pellet. I won't say why but I am happy to assure you to do the same!

hope this helps

malc

Reaction score
I'd like to echo Stu's post here!

In my humble opinion the bloodworm pellet thing is a fad, and not much more!

Halibut pellets generally have a high oil content which will leak off for long periods. They also have a high digestible protein content, plus usually have vitamins, minerals and trace elements which obviously make them high in nutritional value and excellent fish attractors.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
halibiuts, trouties, generally non commercially flavoured pellets if you get my drift. (strawberry etc)

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I have had great results with 14m/m halibut pellets; bream, chub, tench, barbel and carp. I've not had any succes with the 21m/m donkey chokers yet.

R

Robert Woods 1

Stu,
Was thinking of soaking some halibuts with Dynamite baits new Scopex liquid....something diferent to fish flavours (for barbel though).

Bob

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
defo soak them with what you want Bob, but I can only point you bnack to the top of this thread re buing them in that format mate.

R

Robert Woods 1

Stu,
I have loads of pellets to go at. Also am going to ASDA to see what I can use for glug(Oyster Sause worked today on river).

Bob.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
sunflower oil (supermarket) with whatever flavourings you fancy. Fruity/fishy/savoury you name it and you're saving an absolute fortune on tackle glugs

R

Robert Woods 1

Stu,
What can I use to thin down oyster sause. I've got some Metatone, hemp oil,salmon oil and water.

Bob.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
fish sauce, gravy granules, oxo cubes, chilli powder, curry powder, shrimp paste, cake flavourings, jelly mixes, amaretto flavouring, strawberry, peach, vanilla shall I go on?

Now you know how many make their money don't you?

"Meaty fish glug" - ready for this?

Get yourself an empty boilie pop-up tub and pour in about 20 pence worth of sun flower oil. Add one crumbled oxo cube and two teaspoons of fish paste. Stir rigorously. (put in pan and cook to drive all ingredients together (but do not burn). Cool down if cooking and then add boilies or pour over pellets or pour in PVA bags.

Total cost 40p max, total saving on tackle shop glug ?9.59p

make sense? or do you really think you're buying something special???????

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
don't use water mate. I take it you want to thin this right down to pour over pellets? If so don't pour, go to your local garden centre and buy a plastic spray bottle (one that old people pour water into and clean the leaves on plants!!)

Pour your mix into the container, turn the nozzle and lightly spray the pellet thus coating it. Stirr the pelet up and repeat the process.

If you pour this on your pellet then you're going to get areas of concentrated glug as opposed to an even spread. Make sense?

R

Robert Woods 1

Stu,
I have used Nan Pan fish sauce before to inject my deadbaits for piking. I am only glugging hook baits so will try plactic bag way of coating pellets as per luncheon meat flavouring. Your right about supermarket ingredients, we pay for posh names but there is better pruducts on shelf at low prices.

Bob.

PS Sould have sayed some of curry I had last night from chippy.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
good point, ever smelt the glug for NRG boilies?

Sorry to have gone on a little, but us anglers do tend to get caught out far too much. Shrink tube for instance, whats that all about? ESP will put 5 small pieces in a hook bag and charge a couple of quid. Or......the thinking angler can visit their neares Maplins store and buy 5 meters for about a fiver!

I do love it!