Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pelletts

halibut or bloodworm pelletts, which do you rate the best?

Frothey Guest

halibut

mmmmmm......interesting question Terry, all I'll say is that I have a good mate in the trade up north who's sold skip loads of bloodworm pellets. He's also sold bucket full's of bloodworm liquid flavourings. His advice was very informative and strongly suggested to me as a mate........

........to buy standard pellet and flavour your own if you wish to have a bloodworm pellet. I won't say why but I am happy to assure you to do the same!

hope this helps

I'd like to echo Stu's post here!

In my humble opinion the bloodworm pellet thing is a fad, and not much more!

Halibut pellets generally have a high oil content which will leak off for long periods. They also have a high digestible protein content, plus usually have vitamins, minerals and trace elements which obviously make them high in nutritional value and excellent fish attractors.

thanks chaps. when you say standard pellett what do you mean , trout pelletts?

halibiuts, trouties, generally non commercially flavoured pellets if you get my drift. (strawberry etc)

I have had great results with 14m/m halibut pellets; bream, chub, tench, barbel and carp. I've not had any succes with the 21m/m donkey chokers yet.

Robert Woods 1 Guest

Stu,
    Was thinking of soaking some halibuts with Dynamite baits new Scopex liquid....something diferent to fish flavours (for barbel though).

Bob

defo soak them with what you want Bob, but I can only point you bnack to the top of this thread re buing them in that format mate.

Robert Woods 1 Guest

Stu,
    I have loads of pellets to go at. Also am going to ASDA to see what I can use for glug(Oyster Sause worked today on river).

Bob.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast