Weils Disease

C

Cakey

Ive done my best to cut a finger off ,Ive had it cleaned and glued and I want to know how long before I can fish.
Weils Disease is at a high in the Lee/Lea Valley

W

Wolfman Woody

Buy some latex gloves (or Marigolds - they're what women use to do the dishes, or so I've heard).

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

they reckon anywhere between 2-12 days mate

W

William Spencer

cakey you're talking to the right person here.i almost lopped off four in '99 when my missus was 8 and a half months pregnant.also happened in late november so xmas was screwed that year too.let the wound seal over with new skin before you dip your hand in the water,as woody advises try some surgical gloves.if you have difficulty finding them i'm a first aider at work(ironic i know)i'll send you a box if you mail me your adress and glove size.
if you can't wait you used to be able to buy a product called new skin from boots that you brushed over the wound and made it water proof.don't quote me though mate as to wether it works for fishing,as assuming you're method fishing there is a chance you'll rub it off.best advice is let it heal,wait for the fish they'll still be there when you are healed.take care man.

C

Cakey

looks like a couple of weeks to be safe then...................

W

Wolfman Woody

Cor, you didn't say it was THAT big, Cakey.

Any chance of getting a condom over it?

L

Les Clark

Something for the weekend sir ?
Good idea Woody ,may work.

C

Cakey

Woody the problem is the hospital said keep it dry and let it dry out ,condoms and rubber gloves will make it "wet"
they had this funny machine thingy that dressed my finger and it went up and down the finger laying a gause type stuff on it everytime it got to the end of the finger it gave a twist so it ended up big !

Terry no remote yet ,there are two available and I dont know what one to get !

G

Gary Knowles 2

Sorry to hear that Cakey.

you could always get some DIY in though...

T

Terry Comerford

I was going to say if you have a remote you could practice taking shots of yourself holding out your finger!

Have to be the Infrared, as the cable on the other one is too short. (2ft)

W

Wolfman Woody

Know the sort of stuff you mean Cakey. Must be painful too.

You said "Ive done my best to cut a finger off". How come you didn't succeed? Would have been a lot easier to dress and you could be fishing now!

Isn't it the Yakuza, the Japanese Mafia, that cut their fingers off?
:eek:)

S

sash

Cakey,

Don't know if you remember but I did a similar thing the day before the Selby bash. I kept it tucked away in a leather finger stall so that it could breathe a bit and changed the outer bandages on the bank. All mixing etc was done one handed though or with a spoon.