Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: nice

surprised no one has mentioned the picture in anglers mail of that 8lb carp,disgusting.

I don't read any of the rags mate to be honest.

What's that all about then?

dont think i have seen a fish in worse condition,why would the captor take a picture of it. hope he knocked it on the head. come to think of it i would have knocked them both on the head

any detail as to why the fish was in such bad condition? (I don't buy it either)

dropsy or something. i wish i could stop buying the weeklys. bad habit i surpose

Wolfman Woody Guest

Dropsy is a natural infection with any fish, kidney failure might be a better description. They can't get rid of water so swell up and their scales stick out like a pine cone.

Why did they publish the picture? A best catch? If so they're kidding themselves as maybe a third of it's weight would be water if it had dropsy.

I lost my oldest koi carp this year to dropsy. 26 years old he was and weighed (before the infection got bad) about 7 lbs. He's under a rhodederon bush now.

Les Clark Guest

Thats a bit harsh Woody .

Good fertiliser though Les!

I did the same recently with one of mine.

Les Clark Guest

Malc ,there are many who would do the same .

LOL .

Wolfman Woody Guest

Thing is Les, when that rhodederon blossoms in years to come, I shall still think of Jaws. About 6 years ago soemone offered me 400 for him.

Since the other posting I have dragged a sunset gourami out of the indoor tank that looks like she had dropsy too. And even stranger, the male died too, but with no signs whatsoever. Wife says it was a broken heart. Aaaahhhhhh!