NWJE 2005

O

Ozz

Well guys it's done and dusted apart from the write ups...
First let me thank everyone who made it possible (You all know who you are) from everyone involved with the NWJE 2005, without your help it couldn't have been done.
We have managed to exceed all expectations with fish caught and the total amount of fish landed has beat the previous 3 years events total captures.
I'm not going into massive detail here you'll have to wait for the write up, but suffice to say there was a total of 23 fish caught, biggest came in at 19lb 04oz, we had a brace of fish caught by Jennifer Jackson, a mirror and a common, both weighted in at 18lb 08oz and got a brace photo...these were also 2 new p.b.'s for her.
Best overall weight came down to 1oz and we only knew who had won that 10 mins before the presentation, that weight totaled 40lb 13oz.
So once again many thanks to everyone, and I hope you all enjoy the write up.

Ozz and the NWJE 2005 team

A

andrew jackson

Well done Ozz and Jimmy for organising a superb event. The format the venue and the people involved couldn't have been better.
This is one event that is bound to go from strength to strength.
From a personal point of view it has to rate as my most enjoyable fishing experience EVER!
Although my Daughter has a fair bit of general angling experience this was only her fourth time actually carp fishing. Two of those previous trips were to match type venues that gave her plenty of action but only tiny fish. This was only her second trip visiting a "proper" carp water.
Imagine my delight when Jennifer broke her PB not twice but three times over the weekend, once on the Friday night prior to the event at 17lb 10oz and twice during the event as described by Ozz above.
I wont say anymore because of the pending write up, suffice to say it was an awesome event by any standards but simply mind blowing from my perspective.
Sincere thanks to Ozz, Jimmy and all those who made this special weekend happen.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Very nice comments Andrew and appreciated by the organisers I'm sure.
From your thread I'm not sure who was the most delighted you or Jennifer. What you wrote was obviously from the heart and very touching.
I'm very pleased that it was such a resounding succes and eagerly await the write up, by one of the participants I believe.

O

Ozz

Thanks Andy,
A long hard slog but was worth it in the end.......I Think!

A

andrew jackson

"From your thread I'm not sure who was the most delighted you or Jennifer."

While Jennifer was over the moon and not to mention a little shell shocked about the size of the fish I was and still am bursting with pride and totally buzzing off the whole experience.
The shallow selfish elation felt when catching my own PB doesn't even begin come close to this feeling.
Yes I think it is fair to say that I am the most delighted but only because I have more to be delighted about. ;-D

Dale Buchan

Reaction score
Hey guys, only the ppl from the NWJE will know me, just want to say thanks to everybody who made it a sucess without the help of everyone it wouldn't of been that successful, iam defo gunna get into crap fishing aswell.

Cheers again from me, my dad and my bro