How tidy are you?

malc

Reaction score
How tidy do you store your gear?

I keep mine in the garage.

I have one corner with about a dozen hinged-top bins for various types & sizes of pellets, seeds, method mixes, maize, vitalin, etc, etc. Next to these is the Fridge/Freezer. By this is a selection of water containers and coolboxes. Above all these on brackets is the 7ft long rookbox for the rods when going to France.

Two long (strong) shelves for three bivvies with their respective skins.

On the wall above these are the unhooking mats.

Another area of the wall with a shelf under is for sleeping bags, covers, pillows, etc.

A rack for the 3.5tc Rods. Another for the 2.75 Rods. Another for the Landing Nets, and yet another for the Handles. Yet another for the Spod & Marker Rods.

A workbench for making up rigs and sorting out and cleaning stuff.

Two chests of drawers, and set of three cupboards. These contain electrical items, First aid stuff, cooking stuff and bait-making stuff.

A kitchen unit (bought too many when I refitted the kitchen) with an extended worktop - this houses the baitboat, spare batteries, etc.

Probably more.........

This missus thinks I'm obsessive with it, but I disagree! Everything has to have a place, I can therefore see what I need and don't have to go hunting for it! Mind you, if I'm honest its not always this tidy - especially hen I've just returned from a session, but its ends up being so.

How tidy do you keep your gear then? And what lengths do you go to to keep it that way?

J

Jaffa

I must need a bigger house then Malc or my Wife should move out?????? Mmmmmmm tough choice but she would get over it!!! LOL

Steve Masterman

Reaction score
Outstanding, Thanks for the inventory, I shouldn't miss any thing now when I pop in while your out. Hope you've still got the Viper bait boat I may be able to get ?100 for it at the local car boot. I just have to nick a van and drive to Daventry.
I think "How safe is your gear " more apt message.

malc

Reaction score
You actually got my address then Steve? If so, you are the only one who has! Then I'll know who to come after eh?

W

Wolfman Woody

Ah Malc, but do you, like one of my friends, label your benches?

He has labels (honest) on his saying "Fishing stuff only", "Metalwork items", and "General Wood Work". It's like walking into the Bat Cave.

My stuff's not all in one place, but each bag and box is specifically laid out so I know where it is and in most cases the partitions in the boxes are perfect for the items in them. It's not always you can do that, but Fox Medium boxes are used a lot, but for the carp stuff it's a "Do It All" general box and does the job really well.

W

Wolfman Woody

Damn, I used to "but"s in a sentence there. Need my butt kicking for that.

malc

Reaction score
LOL Woody! No mate - no labels.

Erm, well actually yes there are on the bait bins. ;o)

T

The Monk

I have a special tackle room up stairs, probably have in the region of 40 plus rods, all hung up, but not labelled, all tackle boxes etc on shelves, bivvies in another corner, opposite holdalls, carry all etc, nets in the shed alone with a few chairs and baits

malc

Reaction score
Nice one Monk - pretty tidy then!

"40 plus rods"

Lifetimes collection?

I have a few more but, as I buy new I tend to sell old - if that makes sense!!

B

Big Rik

I try to keep mine very tidy and ordered.
Being a multi species angler, then I have lots of differing gear, so it needs to have it's correct place or else I'd spend too much time rummaging for the right stuff to take.

Carp overnighter rucksack and rod holdall.
Carp session rucksack and rod holdall.
Bream/tench rucksack and rod holdall.
Barbel rucksack and rod holdall.
Chubbing bag and rods.
Tackle seat and match rod/pole holdall.
All are loaded and ready to go.
All the requisite tackle, scales etc in each.
It's expensive, but it means that I never forget any gear.

The only thing that I need to swap is my camera and permits.

Bait is all in either large plastic buckets or a metal filing cabinet. (all labelled)

All spare tackle is in stackable crates (again, all labelled).

B

Big Rik

and I forgot about all my sea gear......

All rods are racked on one wall, with bait bins below.
Rucksacks, bivvies etc are on the back wall.
Fridges and freezers (plural) are on the other wall with a worktop above and stacked crates on shelves over it all.

TV in the corner, with DVD player and Sky.

No windows, one door, 2 chubb locks, plus 2 screwless hasps with padlocks.
2 alarms, one from the mains, the other battery operated.

F

Frothey

big aluminium shed to myself

all racked out carp gear one side, trout the other (i use the carp gear for sea fishing now)

alarmed, lit, covered by machine gun turrets.....

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
oh gord, this is a thread I've been dreading for years, I've got a double garage full of it and none is tidy or labeled.

9 carp rods
2 travel carp rods
1 marker rod
1 spod rod
2 john wilson quivers
2 daiwa match rods
3 tench rods
1 sensitive quiver rod
2 whips
3-4 other ords or various test curve

about 15 reels including:
3 technium 10'000's
3 10'000's bait runners (black)
1 10,000 Gte BAIT RUNNER SILVER
1 DAIWAI CLOSED FACE 125M
1 DAIWA CLOSED FACE 120
3 small tench daiwas
and again about another 4 or 5 others

times all this by loads and loads of gear and my garage is getting quite full. In fact I need to have a major sell up and get rid of most of it as I only use about 1/5th of every thing I now own.

3 filing cabinest full of bait and bits

and on and on and on....and no none of it's tidy.

Anyone want to buy any tackle?

malc

Reaction score
ha ha ha - I like it! Nice one Frothey!

Wow, you are organised Rik. I can show the missus now and say "look, I ain't got compulsive obsessive disorder" - or whatever its called! Or if I have, Rik's got it too!

malc

Reaction score
Hey Stu, I'll buy what you don't want mate - for a couple of quid!

malc

Reaction score
Greys PZ200 3.5tc to match the three I already have, and another Shimano Long Cast - also to match the three I already have.

Don't want much do I?

A long cast went last night on ebay, but the PZ200's seem a rarity.

* Hello Jaffa - sorry missed your post earlier - you there for the Ball & fireworks Fri night?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I start off being tidy and then end up with it all over the place. Never have been much cop at housework.

Now my mate Dave, he has bags in bags and boxes in boxes. He's just paid 30 quid for a bag to keep all his fly reels in the boot of the car. Me, I've just lost my last reel case and they lie naked and scruffy in the boot or in my tackle bag.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
obviously went to the same school as me then Graham. But then again thats what women are for areb't they? tidying up?

(better put my crash helmet on double quick)

Milo

Reaction score
One thing's blindingly obvious through reading all this - I just don't have enough gear! Heheh!