Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How tidy do you store your gear?

I keep mine in the garage.

I have one corner with about a dozen hinged-top bins for various types & sizes of pellets, seeds, method mixes, maize, vitalin, etc, etc. Next to these is the Fridge/Freezer. By this is a selection of water containers and coolboxes. Above all these on brackets is the 7ft long rookbox for the rods when going to France.

Two long (strong) shelves for three bivvies with their respective skins.

On the wall above these are the unhooking mats.

Another area of the wall with a shelf under is for sleeping bags, covers, pillows, etc.

A rack for the 3.5tc Rods. Another for the 2.75 Rods. Another for the Landing Nets, and yet another for the Handles. Yet another for the Spod & Marker Rods.

A workbench for making up rigs and sorting out and cleaning stuff.

Two chests of drawers, and set of three cupboards. These contain electrical items, First aid stuff, cooking stuff and bait-making stuff.

A kitchen unit (bought too many when I refitted the kitchen) with an extended worktop - this houses the baitboat, spare batteries, etc.

Probably more.........

This missus thinks I'm obsessive with it, but I disagree! Everything has to have a place, I can therefore see what I need and don't have to go hunting for it! Mind you, if I'm honest its not always this tidy - especially hen I've just returned from a session, but its ends up being so.

How tidy do you keep your gear then? And what lengths do you go to to keep it that way?

Jaffa Guest

I must need a bigger house then Malc or my Wife should move out?????? Mmmmmmm tough choice but she would get over it!!! LOL

Outstanding, Thanks for the inventory, I shouldn't miss any thing now when I pop in while your out. Hope you've still got the Viper bait boat I may be able to get 100 for it at the local car boot. I just have to nick a van and drive to Daventry.
    I think "How safe is your gear " more apt message.

You actually got my address then Steve? If so, you are the only one who has! Then I'll know who to come after eh?

Wolfman Woody Guest

Ah Malc, but do you, like one of my friends, label your benches?

He has labels (honest) on his saying "Fishing stuff only", "Metalwork items", and "General Wood Work". It's like walking into the Bat Cave.

My stuff's not all in one place, but each bag and box is specifically laid out so I know where it is and in most cases the partitions in the boxes are perfect for the items in them. It's not always you can do that, but Fox Medium boxes are used a lot, but for the carp stuff it's a "Do It All" general box and does the job really well.

Wolfman Woody Guest

Damn, I used to "but"s in a sentence there. Need my butt kicking for that.

LOL Woody! No mate - no labels.

Erm, well actually yes there are on the bait bins. ;o)

The Monk Guest

I have a special tackle room up stairs, probably have in the region of 40 plus rods, all hung up, but not labelled, all tackle boxes etc on shelves, bivvies in another corner, opposite holdalls, carry all etc, nets in the shed alone with a few chairs and baits

Nice one Monk - pretty tidy then!

"40 plus rods"

Lifetimes collection?

I have a few more but, as I buy new I tend to sell old - if that makes sense!!

Big Rik Guest

I try to keep mine very tidy and ordered.
    Being a multi species angler, then I have lots of differing gear, so it needs to have it's correct place or else I'd spend too much time rummaging for the right stuff to take.

Carp overnighter rucksack and rod holdall.
    Carp session rucksack and rod holdall.
    Bream/tench rucksack and rod holdall.
    Barbel rucksack and rod holdall.
    Chubbing bag and rods.
    Tackle seat and match rod/pole holdall.
    All are loaded and ready to go.
    All the requisite tackle, scales etc in each.
    It's expensive, but it means that I never forget any gear.

The only thing that I need to swap is my camera and permits.

Bait is all in either large plastic buckets or a metal filing cabinet. (all labelled)

All spare tackle is in stackable crates (again, all labelled).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast