Result!

RobP

Reaction score
Now folks,

I have to laugh to mysely wryly. Having only been back into carping a month now and bagging a 21.12 gorgeous mirror on my 1st evening sesh in June, i thought i was gonna slaughter the tricky little North Yorks pond i'm fishing at. I made the mistake of listening to people on about all these new baits/rigs/methods etc and foolishly swapped all my gear about to use these new systems. After 4 further weeks with a bream & tench to show for my efforts i switched back to how i used to fish 5 years ago and on my 1st sesh. 1st night after and i got my PB, a mirror at 24.2, another nice fish. (Not massive i know but good for round here!).

Moral is, stick to what your happy with and you cant go wrong!!

Rob

B

Big Rik

and very good advice that is too.

Nice fish Rob and all the more special because you've caught it in your own way.

Well done.

A 24 is a good fish anywhere mate, don't let the lop sided view in the comics let you think differently.

malc

Reaction score
Congratulations RobP.

As Rik has already said - 24lb 2oz is an excellent capture, no mater where it is caught.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
24lb? is that it? minnow mate, wouldn't even of bothered getting my net wet!!!

I

Ian Cloke

Nice one Rob, a P.B. is allways something to be proud of mate ;-)

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new P.B. mate. Around here a fish over the 20Ib mark is still very special.

B

Big Rik

forget the 'around here' bit Bryan.
I think a 20 or even a 15+ is still a very worthy fish, in any part of the country.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
all fish are a result, scrappy singles still teach you a thing or two. low doubles help you define your rigs, mid doubles and above are a defo touch, but a twenty is total confirmation all is well.

congrats

F

Frothey

well done rob....a twenty or two would go down lovely at the moment!

W

Wolfman Woody

"i got my PB, a mirror at 24.2, another nice fish. (Not massive i know but good for round here!)."

That would have done for me!!! Drinks all round, I'd say.

Instead, I'm ....... hoof hearted!