The very best

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

There is a good reason for maintaining the RRP.

It retains product integrity

B

Big Rik

The shops have a certain margin that they can play around with, and will, to get your custom.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

lol, i actually have the old old Delks that Del converted for me back in 1985 with the 'carp ears' on. The were originally standard 'optonics'.

Dont use the old Delks no more though and have for the last few years been using Fox alarms.

ps

Gary, Fen?

B

Big Rik

oh no.....

bream bummers uniting at an exclusive syndicate venue.

get on the coarse forum you peasants.....

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Ron

I've played with the lot but am very happy with my Delkims - yes, TXi's but the remote is a luxury rather than a necessity. You certainly won't need a remote on the Trent - after all we all have to stay awake now the barbel police are onto us!

If you would like to borrow a pair and give them a try just pop over and pick them up. They're a few years old now and have never let me down.

Bob

You are more

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

When The Monk told me about "carp ears" I thought he was talking about the lateral line of a carp.

I had an old pair of Optonics in SA and they caused quite a stir with the locals. However the rods were always flying out sideways in a wind.

And then I learned about "Carp Ears".

Bet you don't know what "Popeyes" are?

The Monk might.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

There you are, I know more about the early techniques of carp fishing than most. Used to be a member of the BCSG and was the SA contact for a few years before I lost interest in the species.

I've even had the odd article published in "The Carp."

malc

Reaction score
"began with D"

It was'nt them, was it?

Ron, the term 'popeye', could it anything to do with the size of the rod rings? I believe they were much smaller many years ago, and this have perhaps been the term applied to 'oversized' ones fitted, similar to what we have today?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Yup, Dellareed it was.

I also have a set of 'Rollons' at my dads, remember them?

Bamfords?
Bitech Vipers?
ALV?