Hot weather and it's effect on carp....

fully scaled

Reaction score
its the heat 4 the past month ive fished in it 530am ive had runs as soon as the sun is up not a bleep 630pm onwards when it is cooling down ive had fish on the bank. it dose seem the carp just want to stay cool and cruse abaut looking for shade

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Dear Bully, firstly for your comment "f.t w....r!" please remember who'll be tucking you in at night in France in September, you may have fished in France before but never with me, Wol and Rik!!! WAHAAA!

Secondly, no matter what you say, I am finding the carp far more lathargic this year than normal. They are not feeding heavily, the temperature of the water is not dropping through the night (or wasn't up until yesterday) and was maintaining a high temperature throughout this period. The fish are affected by the heat and even though you waffle on about droughts etc the venue I am fishing is spronge fed and its still coming in one end and going out the other, even in this heat.

I stand by me posts on this thgread, you four eyed little peedy leader!

love and kisses
Stu

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Spronge fed, finking about cake already and its only 9.30.

Oi Peedy 'michael fish' dullard......be prepared for........

TheBoys

C

Chub King

The temperature has been really high for over a month now and that certainly makes carp harder to catch.
But the species is vulnerable every spring because in winter their immune system shuts down as their metabolism does, but when it warms back up the following spring their immune system wakes up slower than their metabolism and the growth of viruses, bacteria, etc. The lag is affected by how slow or fast the warm up is in each water. Don't know the details but that apparently is the bare bones of it.

JC

Reaction score
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, their metabolism shuts down in winter? Surely that should read "slows down"? We'd never catch them in winter otherwise (not that I catch em at any time of the year.........)

C

Chub King

Point taken JC. If it shut down that would by strict definition mean they're dead as doornails!