Bottle trick

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
I saw in carpology a trick Tel used to get baits in otherwise un castable places i.e. under overhanging trees in the margin.

It didnt explain it fully just wondered if any of you guys knew the details?

It would be really helpful on the water im on at the min.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Using a pole and cup?

I use the same sort of thing but using the bottom of a 2 litre Coke bottle araldited to spare top section of 16 metre pole.

C

Cakey

you cut the bottom of a plastic bottle ,you load it up with rig and lead,put in some freebies if needed.place in water and float under tree etc when bottle is where you want it tug line and bottle tilts and dumps its contents.
can be used to fish at extreme range also (if wind is right)

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
No i think he casts out the bottle with the rig in it.
I think i have the general idea just wanted to check.
A 16m pole wouldnt get anywhare i need to!

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
The one i saw he was using a bottle that goes in a bike clip and kept reusing it i have seen the one your talking about though cakey.

Basicly i need to fish in the margins too my left about 60 yards away under an overhanging tree problem is there is a tree that jets out from the left of the swim meaning only side casting is possible thing is the trees branches are only 2 feet from the surface of the water.

A difficult cast if ever i saw one.

C

Cakey

you dont ..........unless you wait for the wind to blow it back in some where

C

Cakey

you can drill a hole near the the top of the bottle (which would be the bottom if it was the right way up)then place every thing in and pva the swivel to the hole ...........this allows you to cast it out but watch your rod tip.......dont break

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
and before anyone suggests it i dont have a boat idont know anyone with a boat and i dont want a boat.

Talking of which while fishing this weekend i saw a guy bring his boat way too far into somebodys swim when i saw him later he said he was only dropping his marker float set up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How i laughed!

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
How many free offerings are you putting in there to break your rod lol.

Thanks for the info i can see a plan forming!