October in France

F

Frothey

going end of october.....anyone know wht the poisson/cray activity is like?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

i reckon lat=48.4293187201, lon=3.22137911942

;o)

Wooly

Reaction score
I've fished there in the spring and summer in the past.
In the spring I did not find them to be a problem, this I believe was probably due to the water temperature being quite cold. With this in mind they may have slowed down by October, provided the temperature is starting to fall.
When there in the summer I found the poisson chats to be a nightmare for any baits not meshed up.
To be on the safe side I would always make sure on a trip to Les Quis that I had plenty of netting - plastic not womens stocking and was familiar with using it.
On my last trip when they were very active I caught well on Mistral Rosehip. These were straight out of the bag, not air dried and were meshed in plastic netting.
I did not have alot of confidence in the bait they were selling.

F

Frothey

cheers wooly, got plenty of netting - just wanted to take some groundbait as well, but was wondering whether it would be poisson suicide!

i'm taking a tweaked version of winter secret - it does seem to be slowing down even though the fish are still eating it (crapping it out on the mat) - rosehip, b5 and maybe one other. so should be ok for bait! taking less of more if that makes sense....

Wooly

Reaction score
The reaction to groundbait in the margins on the long lake when I was there was to bring in vast numbers of poisson chats.
I tried uding groundbait in pva sticks and balling it in recently at Vaumigny and found that if carp were in the immediate area it helped catch them, if not the chats would wipe it out before any carp could turn up. When groundbaiting I felt that within a few minutes it had all gone.
Do they still have luggage restrictions at Les Quis?
If not I would recommend taking several baits to ensure you had some they were interested in.

B

Big Malc

Frothy, a bloke who works at the same place as me is going to les Quis next friday night (19th August) I'll see what other I can glean from him about the place when he comes back.

S

steve claxton 3

By october the chats arnt as active at les quis..assuming its cooled down in temperature that is, safely fish with no netting during the day but would advice you net up at night. The netting to be honest really doesnt have any adverse effect on your catching...i had a fish this spring from there on a netted halibut pellet...the pellet had broken down to half its size ended up more netting than bait ! fish still took it though

F

Frothey

cheers steve...not worried about meshing, its the putting groundbait in....

who's that malc?

B

Big Malc

Just a bloke at work Frothey called Shaun.

All inclusive? Pick up at folkstone, etc....?