Delkims.

F

Frothey

normal older delks, not optonic conversions. digital ones(in terms of remote sounder) are txi's. batteries are the pp9's like in smoke alarms. great alarm!

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused there,

I have bought normal, older, delks. Not optonic conversions.

Have I bought digital ones?

I'm pretty sure they are not TXI's but I thought all delks were digital as in no moving parts?

F

Frothey

the vibtarion sensor works like a record stylus, so there is no wheel. how would it work without any moving parts? the "digital" only relates to the way the txi's (with the little aerial sticking out the bottom) sent the information to the rx sender. dont worry, they work the same way as all the delkims do!

manufacturers stick the word "digital" in front of everything these days.....

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. I wasnt really expecting to win the auctions and when I did I went into a bit of a fret about why were they so cheap! I'm pleased I did win them now though. I read that all the modern alarms worked of vibration whihc makes sense that there has to be moving parts else how would the vibration be picked up! doh. I suppose the lesson learned there is to think about what you have read and not take it for granted.

Cheers
Paul

A

andrew jackson

What you have bought there are very early models of the new Delkims. By new I mean the first Delkims that were not an Optonic conversion. They will be about 13-14 years old hence the fairly low price. Don?t let that worry you though if they have been looked after they will be as good as the day they were produced and work faultless for another 13 year+.
The way you can tell that they are a very early models is the fact that they have the white dials these were changed to black fairly soon after they were launched.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I have just ordered my new Delkims.

The standard models, one red and one green.

My other alarms started making funny noises on the weekend.

I am looking forward to trying them out this weekend.

:eek:)

G

Gary Knowles 2

"My other alarms started making funny noises on the weekend"

Thats a bite Ron - hit it !

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

No it wasn't mate. The noise sounded like Louis Armstrong singing a low note.

And there was no bite at the time.

M

matt thomas

i have no problems with delks on the river just adjust the sensitivity until you get it right

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Well hopefully they will be okay on the rivers as I will be using them there. I used a cheap alarm once and it started raining at night and it sounded like a wailing banshee! Was quite scary till I realised what it was!