Which boilie?

carp hunter

Reaction score
Hi all,planning a week long session and was wondering what bait to go for,bearing in mind most people use the source I was thinking of being a bit different.

I was thinking of trying some mistral bait but not sure what flavours to try,any advice on the following would be most welcome,

Rosehip isotonic
crab&crawfish
Anchovy extract.

S

sash

Essential B5 and F10

Seriously CP, you will get a 101 (and prob' a few more) different answers. Perhaps you'd get more constructive answers if you tols us a little about your fishing e.g. the venue type, the stock, the pressure level, etc etc

C

Cakey

I would still say Solar suid and oct but ....................................I do like Mikes B5

S

sash

Told ya!

If you're desperate to use Mistral though, I have caught (barbel) on the Arctic Anchovy.

carp hunter

Reaction score
Hi guys thanks for the info so far,I am not sure what the stock of carp is,but I would guess about 100 or so running to about 27lb+,there are also millions of roach and I mean millions,and a fair head of tench into double figures.

The lake it's self is about 2 1/2 acres,silty bottom and consists of two or three reedy bays.

Are there baits that will preform better in silt than others?

Does no one rate mistral then?

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
try to find out the going bait and either use it or go the opposite way ie if it is a dark coulored fishmeal try tutti fruity

S

sash

Does it see a lot of boilie usage? Any idea of why the Source gets used the most? Is it all the local tackle shop stock for example or does it genuinely outfish other baits on the water? It is easy to fall into the trap of "its the only bait that works on here mate".

How do the other guys fish? Big beds of bait? PVA bags on their own?

Have you considered particles?

C

Cakey

they will find squid and oct in smelly silt.......................

carp hunter

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responce guys,a great help,the reason for most people use the source is because that is what is sold on site,therefore alot of it goes in.

Mistral baits and Premier boilies are also sold on site but very people seem to use them,so I thought it might pay to be a bit different as the venue gets alot of pressure at this time of year.

F

Frothey

B5..........

the premier stuffs good as well....might be cheaper direct though.