lakes! why not rivers?

Liam Neill

Reaction score
Why is the good old river not a prospect for carpers?.
Ok a few carpers try rivers, to my knowledge there isnt a commercial carp river. Wud a carp river be a hot place 2 fish?.
If there was a choice of a carp lake or carp river what one would you pick???.

P

paul williams 2

commercial river???..NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

J

jon helyer

In Somerset there isn't a choice, its mainly rivers or drains!

C

Cakey

Im a out and out carp man but I agree with Paul lets leave the rivers alone.....................

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

How about Barbel/Carp hybrids ......for the barbellers

and Carp/Barbel hybrids for the carpers ...

and stock them in rivers AND stillwaters

That way it would keep everybody happy

Liam Neill

Reaction score
what about makin a canally river? sounds stupid ano but it cud work couldnt it?
plus it cud stop the river carps of the barbel streches for the barbel anglers!.

cud it really work??????

E

Sorry can't understand that texty type language .......

C

Cakey

he said
"what about makin a canally river? sounds stupid ano but it cud work couldnt it?
plus it cud stop the river carps of the barbel streches for the barbel anglers!.

cud it really work?????? "

make sense now ?

not to me either

nathan creasey

Reaction score
Been fishing on trent for last month and had 27,20,19,13 and numerous low doubles.They fight like demons.Biggest carp before that was 13lb commercial.No comparisson.Every carp ive had off river has been perfect and never hooked.Give it a go,its not as hard as you think!!!

E

Cakester
cudint unnerstan wot a canally river wos
try as i mite
but I spose it cud be gud

matt

Reaction score
Can imagine carp/barbel hybrids would be a delight for the barbel anglers but not barbel/carp hybrids for the carp anglers. Why would carpers want to fish for an inferior species!

hugh ewen

Reaction score
problem carping on rivers is that on rivers most of the carp are more closely related to wild carp, meaning they don't grow as big but are amazing fighters because they are lean. And of course boilies on ariver isn't a good idea because they are not used to the bait so you wouldn't catch anything, you would have to use something like luncheon meat

nathan creasey

Reaction score
Hugh you couln't be more wrong if you tried!They grow as big as they do in lakes trust me.And as far as the boilie thing is concerned,every one of mine has come from bloodworm boilie.How come people catch fish on Halibut pellets because im pretty sure ive never seen a halibut in a river being munched on by a carp!back to the drawing board!

J

jason fisher

"And of course boilies on ariver isn't a good idea because they are not used to the bait so you wouldn't catch anything,"

except for the rivers where boilies have been used for the carp since the early 1980's, which is why people started catching barbel on em.

"problem carping on rivers is that on rivers most of the carp are more closely related to wild carp, meaning they don't grow as big"

not entirely tru either there are certainly british rivers with big 30's in them.

the bit about the fight is however completely true.

P

paul williams 2

The carp on the Warwicks Avon LOVE boilies go like stink and grow BIG!