Flourocarbon hook links

G

Gary Knowles 2

Stu - After reading how poor your catches were on the 'syndicate' I assumed you WERE using pva for mainline on at least one rod.....

Murray - how goes it fella, the nice thing about the easy ratfish is it will get your enthusiasm back for real fish again - hence the contribution.

Vanish - bin the lot, end of !

Knot - polomar.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
I've binned the Vanish, decided on the old faithfull Drennan double , and I've nearly got the Palomer off pat, it's not as easy to tie as the pics suggest is it?, cos i keep ending up with a small loop even after tightening up.

Still, there only rat fish, so i don't suppose it matters too much, does it?

L

Little Stu!

who's Pat? and can you ask him if he's got any for me Murray?

G

Gary Knowles 2

Murray - I had a lot of trouble tying double trouble too, I think because it's pre-stretched there is very little give when you tighten the knot.

and Wol's the tit not Stu...

L

Little Stu!

bout time you backed off a tad Barney!!!!!

Grrrrr.....

Tried the new rigs yet btw?

G

Gary Knowles 2

Not done any breaming matey - tied a couple up though to be ready...

Nailed the koi in my tank ant first time of asking though ;o)

C

Chub King

Never had Vanish (10lb) go on me and I've been using it all season... Grinner for sure with just about every hooklink material under the sun. Try 'Riverge' a French manufactured fluorocarbon that has been around for ages, just watch the pig tails as you tighten the barrel of grinner knots.
If using fluorocarbon stiff rigs then you can get away with a two or three turn bloodknot in the heavier lines so long as you blob the tag. I know that sounds ridiculous but apparently Terry Hearn has been using just such a knot for years and none have ever failed him!

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Just witnessed and photographed me partners fish, caught using flourocarbon link in 15lb, he played it quite hard at the end and all held well. He was using a palomar.

The fish went 38.4.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I've just bought some Gardner 15lb Subterfuge, gonna have to look up knot tying now! Grinner and knotless fine, but the rest!?

Julian Parkin 2

Reaction score
I have been using Vanish (12lb) as a main line now for a couple of seasons. No problems for me, had fish up to 40lbs. Does need changing regularly though. Hooklinks have all been ESP Ghost in 12lb.

Knots have been knotless at the hook end and palomar at the flexi swivel end.

Must say catch rate improved dramatically with this combination.