Flourocarbon hook links

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
I've just got back from an early morning few hours after Carp and I'm rustier than i thought, (useless actualy). It's been a while since i picked up the Carp rods and i lost a good fish due to bad knots.

I was using flourocarbon hook links for the first time (vanish) and the link broke at the knot due to strangulation i think as you could see where the line had flatened out. I use a kind of blood knot most of the time but it seems that this material is going to need something else, i am thinking Palomer but if somebody has already been through all this and come up with a good knot i would be interested to know!!!!!

B

Bully

Murray - a common thread this one. There have been a few recently about fluro's so do a search on past threads and you will see all the debate so it may save you time ??

G

Gary Knowles 2

Murray,

Throw the line in the bin. I bought several spools of 'Vanish' when it came out and it's not fit to hang pictures on.

I couldn't even get as far as tying a hook on the line - no matter how carefull I was it snapped.

Shite stuff - get rid mate !

B

Bully

I knew the fluro debate would tempt them back Murray.

By the way I subscribe to Barney's point, I didn't notice you mentioned Vanish. I went one further. Nearly every hooklink I tied it broke at the knot or swivel (I tend to give it hard pull first).....so I went and got my money back!

B

Big Swordsy :O)

I have started using virage and up to know I have to say it aint half bad!

G

Gary Knowles 2

"Grinner knot Murray, never fails me!"

It would with 'Vanish' Stu, beleive me...

L

Little Stu!

disagree with you there Barney, as I use grinner knots on my pva mainline too ;-)

G

Gary Knowles 2

Nothing wrong with Grinners Stu - it's the line that's shite.

L

Little Stu!

Thanks Jason, phew...for a minute there I thought I'd have to explain the PVA-Mainline jest to the northern monkey!

Come-on Barney, for someone so sharp, you sure miss a few fella!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I think he was just testing you Stu ....(or thats what he'll say)

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Nice to see your'e still awake Barney, and i'm surprised at your most welcome information, being as i'm after the rat fish. So Vanish is shite then!!!!! and i've just bought it in 10, 12 and 14.

After a bit of digging through the books it appears the Palomer is the knot to go for when tying to eyed hooks and swivels.

Stu thinks Grinners are Winners so I'll have a look at them as well, but not with Vanish eh.

Virage seems a popular choice!!!!!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

oi oi mudger i finks after you rang me and i said PALOMAR u then went to your carp (rat) how to do it books and confirmed the said knot for fluoro?

Ziggy tangle boy.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Think again fella, i had Palomar ID'd already,,,,,,,,,,,,,but if you can give me a Zig rig that don't tangle I'd be impressed.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Dont cast like a tit, even the cast, as in spread the cast.

Strangle boy.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
I have been casting like a TIT, in fact most of what I've done has been TITISH, but I can still find em and the rest of it will all come back in time, I'm sure!!!!!!!!

Funny things these ole Rat Fish, they are easy, but only when they want to be???????