Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I've just got back from an early morning few hours after Carp and I'm rustier than i thought, (useless actualy). It's been a while since i picked up the Carp rods and i lost a good fish due to bad knots.

I was using flourocarbon hook links for the first time (vanish) and the link broke at the knot due to strangulation i think as you could see where the line had flatened out. I use a kind of blood knot most of the time but it seems that this material is going to need something else, i am thinking Palomer but if somebody has already been through all this and come up with a good knot i would be interested to know!!!!!

Bully Guest

Murray - a common thread this one. There have been a few recently about fluro's so do a search on past threads and you will see all the debate so it may save you time ??

Gary Knowles 2 Guest

Murray,

Throw the line in the bin. I bought several spools of 'Vanish' when it came out and it's not fit to hang pictures on.

I couldn't even get as far as tying a hook on the line - no matter how carefull I was it snapped.

***** stuff - get rid mate !

Bully Guest

I knew the fluro debate would tempt them back Murray.

By the way I subscribe to Barney's point, I didn't notice you mentioned Vanish. I went one further. Nearly every hooklink I tied it broke at the knot or swivel (I tend to give it hard pull first).....so I went and got my money back!

Big Swordsy :O) Guest

I have started using virage and up to know I have to say it aint half bad!

Little Stu! Guest

Grinner knot Murray, never fails me!

jason fisher Guest

used virage for years without any problems

Gary Knowles 2 Guest

"Grinner knot Murray, never fails me!"

It would with 'Vanish' Stu, beleive me...

bollox! Just bought some! may have to cancel the order!

Little Stu! Guest

disagree with you there Barney, as I use grinner knots on my pva mainline too ;-)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast