knotless knot problem

scottymol

Reaction score
hi, could anyone please advise,I have been using braid with korda size 6 wide gape hooks as my hooklink but when i tried to down size my hooks, braid wont go through the eye twice as supposed to with knotless knot? any ideas of new thinner braid or new easy knot with hair?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
What braid are you using. From the sound of your problem you are using a coated braid. This needs stripping down long enough to tie the knot.

scottymol

Reaction score
no its definatley not coated it says its a thin braid but it was cheap but have had twenties on it

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Its not that thin i can get 20Ib coated through the eyes on size 8 esp's and fox series 2. I would look at any of the major brands of braid. I can recomend the Kryston range but all the big names can be trusted.

scottymol

Reaction score
ok cheers a thinner braid it is then, i didnt want to buy some and have the same problem

S

sash

If you tell us what it is we might be able to advise.

There should be no problem getting uncoated braid through hook eyes down to size 12 or even 14.

B

Bully

If you are having problems with braid surely it will be worse with other lines? The only probs I had similar was with crap fluro....

Like Sash says, you should be OK down to 12-14.

B

Big Rik

I can get 12lb sinklink twice through a size 14 Drennan barbel hook, so it should sail through a size 8.

Actually, I can get 10lb flouro through 3 times for a knotless knot with a D rig, so you must be using some majorly thick braid to be experiencing problems.