Greys Prodigy

Fred Cubbie

Reaction score
I just bought a greys prodigy 12ft 3lb test carp rod but when the 2 pieces are connected the rod doesn't join, there's a small piece of the conector showing ? would anyone know if this is right.
I have E Mail'd Greys but there in no rush to anwser so i was hoping anyone on the forum could help.
Cheers..
Fred..

Fred Cubbie

Reaction score
Thanks Alot.
didn't want to take them back and make an ass of myself :)

Cheers..

W

Wolfman Woody

It's known as a spigot joint Fred.

As opposed to it having a put-over joint were the top section fits over the lower section, or a put-in joint where top section fits into lower section.

Spigots are the most commons joints on carp rods as they keep the blank nice and slim throughout.

If you ever get a second Prodigy to match be sure to mark both sections of the rod underneath and out of site with a small spot of white paint. This will keep the rods matched together as they were intended.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
good advice woody me ole muka, although if using three rods, you could always paint them different colours. Say paint one totally white, one red and perhaps one yellow. I'm sure us fashion freak carp boys will soon follow suit, you know what we're like mate!!

here, anyone got any 'fox' paint?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

got some Kevin Nash paint only ?82 for a 100ml tin ....

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

and a Kevin Nash paintbrush ?35

some Kevin Nash turps ?15 a bottle

Fred Cubbie

Reaction score
Thanks alot Woody.
very well explained mate..

I just need some luminous paint now :)

Cheers..

W

Welsh Goff

I use Plasti-kote from B&Q, Yellow GLow B29, Orange Glow B27 and Green Glow b28 on my three carp rods and barbel rods magic stuff very quick drying and nice and bright fluoro colours.

N

NottmDon

Is the Nash paintbrush left or right handed? Would only consider buying camo paint if it was realtree of course :)

Alnath

Reaction score
Why bother to match them up? If you use the Grey warranty they just send a new section, no matching up going on there :)

I have 3 and love them to bits, i find putting them back in the rod bags keeps them as they came.