Other species

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Are there any Carpers out there who are willing to put me onto waters where you are sick of catching 10lb Bream, 8lb Tench, 2lb Roach and 2lb Rudd?

I know these waters are out there but are mainly marketed as Carp waters so it's rare we get to hear about them in the press.

Can anyone help?

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
Wraysbury 1 or 2 are your best bet but the fish are much bigger than that.

Just try and catch them though lol

140 acres very light stocking.

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
Or Sheepwalk for some monster tench lots of doubles including the current british record although its only at about 12 pound these days.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
How far do you want to travel Matt?

I know one that fits the tench and roach targets! And bigger!!!
Trouble is you might latch a thirty+ Carp.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Wol, It's a longshot but I've been on Carp waters and people have laughed when they found out that we're not fishing for the Carp. Many Carp lads have been very helpful indeed!

Benny, where's Sheelpwalk?

Steve, you're not on about down near Bristol are you? Anywhere is worth knowing about. The better the water the further it might be worth travelling to.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Near Swindon Matt, well, when I say Swindon, ish!
It's a day ticket, ?10 or ?20 for 24 hours I think?.
It's a venue were I found a 2lb roach dead in the bushes, must have been a nuisance...!
I should be fishing it myself, but I've got a bit occupied with pike!

I wish it was Bristol.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

" Wol, It's a longshot but I've been on Carp waters and people have laughed when they found out that we're not fishing for the Carp. Many Carp lads have been very helpful indeed!"

Tell me about it, twas in jest.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Leon Bartrop was in the rags this week with a double Tench, I had it 4 seasons ago and he admitted that he had caught it before but put it straight back cos it didn't look that big!!!!!! Mind you he was used to weighing 30's

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
sheepwalk is in shepperton around the m25 jnc13 area again its a big lake rock hard i was talking to a lad who fished it for carp he had 1 in a season

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

3 Lakes Selby has produced 3lb roach, 4lb perch, double figure bream and the odd 6lb tench.

I spent a whole July and August on the water in 1998. Managed roach to 2lb 4oz, tench to 51/2lbs and plenty of perch over 2 lbs.

I didn't land a single bream.

Caught an 18lb carp whilst tench fishing though.

J

jason fisher

linear stanton harcourt oxfordshire.
will do all of those matt except for the rudd.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Tha Manor Lake at Linear - Stanton Harcourt used to hold the biggest tench I have ever seen in England.

Stoney caught them to double figures and so did John Everard.

Then they used weedkiller on the lake and the tench seemed to dissappear. I wonder if they are back.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I fancied Linear, especially Hardwick, but the day tickets are steep and a certain mate of mine has found it hard going the last few times.

Still, I shall give it a go.

J

jason fisher

tench go to about 13 in linear and roach close to 3, plenty of double figure bream to the carpers as well.

J

jason fisher

but the bigger bream are in linch hill just round the corner.

F

Frothey

the carp fishing was more interesting before they killed the weed as well.

didnt matt hayes have a load of big rudd from the complex, or weren't they "real" rudd?