Centre Parcs

U

unknownforce

I am going to elvedon centre parcs again in 2 weeks and wondered if anyone else had been recently and if its still ok to fish the smaller ponds and have you had any joy?

i had 6 fish in two 5 hour sessions last year, all between 8 - 17.5lb on a mixture of floating bread and semi fixed tiger nut.

anyone been recently and if so, which pond is having it as i've got five days there, but only one of which i have a green light to fish - so wont be able to reckie them all

cheers

retrobob

Reaction score
Ha ok so the last post was in 2006, it's now 2019 so due for an update after my few days at Elvedon.

Where to fish
Fishing officially is on the big lake, from 5 pegs (really nice disabled friendly pegs too), it's near the beach but no fishing from the beach, it's be too easy I mean the fish are cruising back and forth all day there! I'd say you could fit two pegs in between the official pegs 1 and 2. Pegs 1-3 are basically in a channel, 4-5 are more out to open water. You can fish from the opposite side of the lake after 5pm when the lake is closed to boating etc (and before it opens in the morning, whenever that is). There were people fishing most days, at one point all 5 of the officaial pegs were in use though it seemed that people didn't fish for the entire day, just a few hours.

What's in here
I caught some cracking roach 2-3 rodlenghts out on luncheon meat and others were catching them on corn too, I also had skimmers - people using pellets didn't seem to catch much. There's carp to 30lb and apparantly a catfish.

It's £12.50 a day or £20 for the week.

john step

Reaction score
tI took my grandaughters there some years ago. Centre parcs are not cheep. Extra for this, extra for that, extra to fish, extra to breath......