Isfield and District Angling Club

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
To anyone who can answer this!
i live very close to two IDAC club waters and is a member of the neighboring lakes-classified name-. but i got bored of these waters so wanted to find out as much as possible about the two other lakes next to me, the names are 'mill pond' and 'broadhurst'. any club records, rules, bait bans or any info about IDAC or theses certain waters would be of much help.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Hi mate, Mill Pond is known to have some nice carp in. The biggest as I last knew was something like 29lb 15oz although this may have changed. I don't think it's easy fishing but also if you put a bit of time in it shouldn't be a ball breaker as I understand it. Been told by a couple of people who have done quite well on there you often don't need to fish more then a few rod lengths out.
I believe I'm thinking of the right one with Broadhurst, A little easier fishing apparently although not quite as big fish. Theres still 20's in there though I think.
Both lakes have bream and tench. I think the bream get to about 7lbs in the Mill Pond although couldn't say for the other.
Both lakes are also meant to have nice pike.
I haven't fished either extensivly myself although was a member of IDAC for a while so know a little bit about them.

If you ask in Wickhams tackle shop in East Grinstead they should be able to help you out a little more.