Carp Waters

I

Ian Knowles

I have recently moved into the Bromsgrove area ( nr Worcester ) and I am keen to find some good local carp waters, syndicate or otherwise. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

C

Carp Angler

The right direction is probably South East, about 150 miles.:)

P

paul williams

I used to fish a water in Bromsgrove called Tardibigge, I don't know who controls it now, it used to be cadburys. It held some useful Carp and may be worth a look.

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

Tardebigge Reservoir used to be controled by Bournville AC for many years in recent years it has been taken over by British Water Board.My brother was abailiff there for many years.I have just rang him and he will get back to me with the appropriate details tommorow.I have only bream and pike fished there and that was many years ago.My brother always used to pike fish it.Carp are caught there though.I would have thought there would be far better carp venues nearby though.Will post the details when I recieve them any way.If you want a real carp challenge though try Hewell Grange between Bromsgrove and Redditch/Webheath.Only very few(most people will tell you there are none in there!)when I used to fish there but good fish.Contact the Governor,HM Borstal,Hewell Grange by letter.

P

paul williams

Bournville...Cadburys i was close!!! Budgie it sounnds like ifished it the same era as you, I fished it for the Pike and Eel but i did spot some useful Carp and heard of at least one 20 even then, I suspect it wouldn't be easy by any means, but still worth a look to a local.

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

My brother Andy got back to me a few minutes ago.An application form for the res can be got from Ensign Fishing Tackle,3 Stoke Road,Bromsgrove.Tel:01527 833322
Andy has not been a bailiff therev for two years but believes that the fee is about ?20 for the season(no day tickets)an additional but refundable ?5 is required for the car park key.The last big carp he saw caught was 27lb.The res was believed to have had its first stocking of carp in the 50's with an additional stocking in the 70's.Hope this is some help Ian.Good luck.

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

Paul,I fished the res regularly in the early to mid 70's it holds many happy memories of my first ventures in to specimen hunting.Since having moved away from the area many years ago I have only fished it a few times whilst visiting family.

I

Ian Knowles

Many thanks Budgie and Paul, I have purchased a ticket for Tardibigge and I will let you know how I get on.

P

paul williams

Good luck Ian, This chat between the three of us would have convinced me to get a ticket!!! Budgie where do you live nowadays? let me know on the list if you like.