Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vince battams Guest

title says it all looking for carpy sections of the nene can anyone help.

Mike Fidler Guest

Vince, glad you found the web site. I fished the Nene for Carp for three seasons just down from the Bedford road weir in Nortampton. It produced lots of good carp to 16lb which all fought really well. Unfortunatly the weed has got very bad and there is little or no flow to the river these days due to extraction at Duston Mill and the New Canoe centre which holds back and recycles water endlessly. Good fish can still be caught upstream at Sixfields where there are still many fish that were swept out of Heyford Fisheries in the floods a couple of years ago.

Neil Wayte Guest

Nice to see people fishing the rivers,I hear there may be a few big fish that have escaped from Kevins lakes.Is it true there was a 37 and a 38 out last year.Good luck and stay away from the crowds.

Mike Fidler Guest

Yes, I've heard the same sort of thing, was it a forty flapping on the drive of another fishery owner? That made me laugh! Looking forward to the backend, I reckon the river carping will be the best for years after this winters flush through.

vince battams Guest

mike
    hi anymore news on that forty from weedon road pit,read with interest that your looking forward to the backend of the season for river carp,if you don,t want to give too much info away e.mail me,any tips on where to try ,methods ,baits etc as i am still a novice carper even better we could arrange a session together what do you say

Mike Fidler Guest

Vince, yeah definately came out of the sixfields pit. Don't know any more than that I'm afraid. The guy who caught it is a member of the Northants specimen group so nuff' said. Went for a walk down Bedford road this afternoon and there was a lot of water going through. Best of all no weeds in existence. I imagine the bottom has had a real good scouring. I hpoe to start carping, piking on the river in January/February if you want to join me it's no problem. I'll be fishing off the point as always.

Paul Williams Guest

Mike,Vince, leave some room for a little un! well actually a big un to if Rik spot's this thread!

Mike Fidler Guest

Paul, your always welcome! Had a good walk around you know where as well, water was still very coloured but a few fish were being caught, nothing very big. Might be worth your while late this week or next week.

Carp Angler Guest

I've just sat back and waited for the opportunity to introduce myself when I felt the timing was right.
    So what does Williams do?
    Leaps in with his great big size 3's.

So where and when?

Neil Wayte Guest

If we are playing on the Nene I would love to come up.Al ways fancied it because of it's history ie Lenneys in the Electricity cut.Room for some size 12's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast