new mainline

richard turner

Reaction score
i know this question has been asked hundreds of times and iv read some of the replys on the forum already but im looking to replace the mainline on all 3 of my reels as it as seen its best days.i was really thinking of investing in the xline but i got chatting to a couple of lads yesterday and they both said dont bother as its rubbish for the money you pay and he only uses it now for the odd hooklink so im a bit mythed now as to what line to get im looking for 12 bs and a line that that sinks well as i always fish with slack lines so need to get it down, any ideas,buy the way i use 8000 bait runners .

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

I was sat having a brew with one of the Carp lads tonight Richard.
He was taking me through his set up and he was useing Xline. He reckons it is slim for the stated diameter, and it ceretainly felt smooth. He also rates it quite highly.

Not so long ago people slagged Maxima off. But it is still a quality line. Which some anglers are moveing back to.
I will do a bit of a survey to see who is useing what and why tomorrow.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I believe Krystonite is a similar line to X-Line in that they are fluro coated. I seem to remember x-line being a lot stiffer though. Rate krystonite never used x-line.

P

paul williams 2

I keep coming back to the old favourites and am now prone to let others mess about with the new stuff untill it proves itself......i have seen too much written about line to soon!

I just want a honest reliable line....usually with a bit of stretch unless in special situations........luckily my type of line is cheap as chips so i can rip it off at the slightest hint of damage without worry.

richard turner

Reaction score
thanks baz that would be great if you can ask around for us i will do the same,a few lads have also told me that krystonite is a far better line than the xline bryan,

C

catfish king

try suffix senergy it is a great line never cuased me any problems and it has super thin diamiter

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
probably time to change it now cakey you tight wad lol

i use daiwa sensor as it is a very good line an dirt cheap and i use a 30 ft x-line leader

P

paul williams 2

Hadn't problems started to appear with krystonite?.......i may be mistaken though!

P

paul williams 2

Must have been something else then!.....sorry Krystonite!

thats twice in one night Ed!

steve B

Reaction score
PRO GOLD 12lb BS,tough,supple,low memory,very reliable never use anything else

B

Budgie Burgess

If we are talking mono then Maxima Chamelion or Daiwa Sensor are both very reliable lines.

Ive not used the Suffix lines for carping but watched some mates struggle with a fine diametered one from them whilst catting.Twas rubbish!