rubber baits

Colin W

Reaction score
hi any one out there got any tips about using artificial baits [rubber sweetcorn/maize? ive had no luck with these but just feel like i have to keep on trying them, whats the best way to use them? tight lines....colin.

Nick D

Reaction score
i like to use 2 bits of fake corn with two bits of real corn on the hair so it sits up of the bottom but doesnt pop up, had some right results on this including a p.b!

Lee Hardman

Reaction score
first session i ever tried them on my local lake i had 6 fish in one night.
i had two piece's of artificial corn popped up off the bottom, i fished just a big bed of real corn around it in the margins. best bet to using them is to try fishing them over a bed of mixed particles with pellets and some corn in the mix. tight lines lee

Nick D

Reaction score
Oooo sounds good lee might give it a blast at the weekend :)

Like Lee, Id certainly fish it with some real corn around it so the scent of the sweetcorn masks the fact that its just two bits or rubber! You could also squeeze the fake corn in some sweetcorn juice as it should soak up and hold some flavour

Good luck,
Nick

Colin W

Reaction score
hi nick + lee thanks lads i will be trying that over the weekend , in fact i cant wait think i will get up really early ,thanks again and tight lines...colin.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Try a piece of fake corn hair rigged on top of a 14 mil pellet if you are leaving your bait out all night.

The 14 mil pellet will just about last till daylight, but you still have a piece of corn on if it doesn't. (stillwater only)

Steve Grantham

Reaction score
had a lot of luck with fake corn this year for bream and tench hair rigged poped up a inch of bottom. feed with hemp and corn .stick with it it works honest!

Colin W

Reaction score
hi baz and steve thanks for the tips i will try these tomorrow along with all the others , ps [BAZ i just love your new photo had a great wee chuckle just love the new hair doo]tight lines...col.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

It's a wig you know, good init?

With a fake piece of corn or a piece of foam cut into shape, you could also dip/soak the corn/foam into a flavouring of your choice.

Steve Grantham

Reaction score
good luck with it colin. with the bream and tench i have used i have used scaled down carp rigs ( bolt rigs) the tench scream off and the bream have always been drop backs . keep at it

Colin W

Reaction score
thanks again steve , ive got a 25th wedding aniv party tonight but hope to be there tomorrow ,if not monday tight lines and thanks again...colin

Lee Hardman

Reaction score
colin you could try a big closed swim feeder with a piece of foam in it and fake corn on the hook. soak the foam that fits into the feeder in sweetcorn liquid flavouring and fish the rig over a bed of sweetcorn tried this method a few times with reults nearly every occasion. you can vary the size of the holes in the feeder aswell to determine how fast the liquid attractant will seep out, if ya go fishing monday let us know if catch anything its good to hear about catch results.

tight lines lee

Colin W

Reaction score
ok lee i will put that in my armoury as well thanks again, ive made up some groundbait with brown bread crumbs liqudises sweetcorn and halibut/trout pellets would i be able to use this mix on a method feeder with any hope of getting carp coming in to take my hair rigged rubber sweetcorn?....colin

Colin W

Reaction score
ok lads have to go get stuff ready , i am almost certain i will have this water to myself tomorrow ,cant wait so hopefully have a catch or two to report thanks for all the tips lads tight lines ...colin.

Colin W

Reaction score
thanks again lads , i tried most of the tactics but the water was being droped by around 8feet to fix snaged areas i had no luck but will try it on other waters ...colin