Time to Spod!

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
Hello to anyone who could help,

I am planning a 24hr trip in search of some bigger carp that arent usually available to me, however i have fished this lake(s) before and kinda know what im doing (i think).
On the other hand, i can spod and had some good success on the tactic, but i have never done it for 24hrs. its not the night time spodding that worrys me, its the time when i should and shouldnt spod i.e spoiling my swim due to feeding at the wrong times :(

if anyone can give advice on when to spod it would be of great use and i will let you know how i did after the 17th of sept.

Signed off as the CMM

cozzaa

Reaction score
I would very much imagine that would change from lake to lake to be honest...

quickcedo

Reaction score
Surely spodding is just like any other feed/groundbait app. The spod is just the tool to apply it. Or have I missed the point of this thread?

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
Noknot:
The range i am fishing at is between 20-40yards, however, what has this got to do with 'what time to spod?'

MarkTodd:
You are right in your respects but using a spod or not, i would like to know when to feed i.e spod. especially for as long as 24hrs i want to get it right.

Beaker

Reaction score
After you have spodded the initial bed of bait I would then top up after every fish or every 4 hours in a 24 hour session

quickcedo

Reaction score
Yep Beakers about right on the times. As for the amount, that would depend on 2 main factors. Stocking levels and what the spod mix is made up from. Ie if the spod mix is food based then less is more. If it is attractor based them more wont hurt. Don't over feed.

Beaker

Reaction score
Agreed Mark, I usually use a mix of hemp,pellets,corn and boken boilies. I usually fish the spod on ponds with a high stock of carp(linear) and when targeting anywhere with a lower stock but with a higher average size(coate)for example its the stick and boilies and Nash soluballs.