peanuts

Krill Mix!

Reaction score
Tigernutts is good...i prepare them..but i have ever try peanuts

F

Frothey

leave at least a couple of inches over the top, and keep checking them to make sure they are covered

Keith Moors

Reaction score
I prepare mine exactly as Frothey but would just add that you should leave them until they start to ferment. They stink to high heaven but the carp love them.

F

Frothey

its worth adding sugar...especially in "different" forms....

NIGE K

Reaction score
i saw on a tv program that peanuts just need soaking and not boiling but i have never used them so i dont really no lol

F

Frothey

boiling most particles makes them start to release the oils and sugars, which is partly what makes them attractive to the fish in the first place. it also kills the germ.

cassien had fields of maize and hemp plants growing on top of the plateaus one summer.....

Keith Moors

Reaction score
Hi Colin. It pretty much depends how "riggy" your fish are. I have always treated particles as a way to present a very small bait and can never understand why you would then want to use the "Biggest bloody particle you can find". seems to me that if you want a big bait use a boilie. A bit like rolling 8mm boilies and then using four on the hair. Anyway try two on one rod and a single on the other. If the fish are only taking small items of food they will probably prefer the single and you can then maximise that knowledge.
be lucky

Keith Moors

Reaction score
Hi Frothey. One lake that I used to fish but shall remain nameless is now virtually a chick pea farm. I can't believe that anyone who has any respect for our carp would recomend that pea nuts only need soaking. Why not go back to par-boiled potatoes on treble hooks, after all we don't snap off very often.
Unbelievable.

C

Cakey

These days I would not recomend how to prepare tigers and peanuts ,there are enough companies around doing it for us now and its far far safer for the fish !

L

Les Clark

Surely it is better to recommend how to prepare nuts rather than let somebody get on with it and cock up ?

C

Cakey

Ive seen it before though Les the "that will be alright" syndrome after 8 hrs instead of 36 etc
anyway dynamite tigers and peanuts have been really really good to me and theres no smelly kitchen ,no moany wife why would you want to piss about

Keith Moors

Reaction score
I see what you're saying Cakey but I still don't think that any of the "ready-bottled" nuts are anywhere near as good as PROPERLY HOME PREPARED ones. I have not yet opened a bottle of nuts and found the gooey slime which tells me that they are just about ready. Also, home prepared ones should "fizz" when pierced with a baiting needle and that doesn't happen with the bottled variety either. However I do agree with your sentiments about people not realising how dangerous they are if not prepared properly or used to excess. With boilies you can add too many without ruining the fishing long term. With nuts, any more than a handfull can ruin the fishing for the session as well as the rest of the season and bugger up the condition of the carp as well.

Keith Moors

Reaction score
You don't need to use large quantities each session. In fact, if you do it will blow in no time so your best trick is to keep them until they are fermenting and then split them up into small bags and freeze them separately. That way you can take out what you want and you're ready for any session.