Fantastic reels

fongy74

Reaction score
I recently purchased myself a new set of big pit reels as my present ones are a little worn now and although they still function perfectly i still decided to go for some new ones.The reels that are being replaced are TF Gear Vanquish VG8's which when i bought them new where £100 each,i noticed they had come down in price and can be bought new for £59.99 each.Theyv'e been good reels and i would recomend them.For the price they are at now i could have simply bought another set but insted opted for the Stillwater BP 1200 reels at £59.99 each i also got the Quick drag converstion kits so i can fish them freespool.The quick drag kits are £19.99 each,but i bought a set of 3 for £200.00 including the quick drag kits.The reels look realy smart on the rods and they perform superbly.The way they cast and retreive is fantastic for a reel of this price.The line lay is exceptional and the line clip is very kind to the line.If you where to buy a more expensive reel with simalar performance and spec you would expect to pay over £300 per reel.Im not saying that the Stillwater BP1200's are as good as say a Basia but for the price they are superb,functionaly and astheticaly.If your in the market for new big pit reels then you could do alot worse than invest in a set of these reels,truly a great bit of kit for the money.:):)

fongy74

Reaction score
The TF gear vanquish v8 long cast big pit reels are being put up on the classifieds if anyone may be interested.