All round readymades?

appyamma

Reaction score
Ive been fishing with particles in the past few years but i think i should always have a batch of readymades on hand to use.I dont want a boilie that will atract tench ect.. If it was down to you and you had to chose one flavour readymade boilie of all time and stick to it what would it be.

C

Cakey

if all the particles had run out and there where no frozen boilies anywhere then I would probably use Mainlines Essential Opel

F

Frothey

I dont want a boilie that will attract tench etc

that doesn't exist!

i'd go for hutchy's monster crab.... and prepare for 97 different answers!

B

Brendan Ince

why a bollie a tin of tiger nuts or maize and carry a peperami thet should do the the trick imo

Keith Moors

Reaction score
If the boilie is attracting the tench its doing exactly what it is supposed to do. It's just a matter of time before the carp join in.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Come on chaps I was hoping this thread was going to get filled up with all the top tench baits that carpers now dont use because they are sick of being woke up by them.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Cakey old boy whats your problem?I am interested for the reason I have mentioned above I am fishing for tench at the moment carp welcome also but my dynamite baits 10 mm boilies get taken by tench readily so didnt recommend them as he says he dosent want to catch tench.

C

Cakey

my best ever tench was taken on floating crust going for the carp !

J

Jim Crosskey 2

Dynamite hi-attract monster crab (unfortunately definitely not tench proof!)

appyamma

Reaction score
If im fishing with a boilie keith that is atracting alot of tench then it is doing the complete oposite to what i want it to do. If i was to use srawberry readymades (gav) then i would catch tench after tench the odd suicidle roach and not to mention the pike when reeling in. This i would regard as being a boilie i would not opt for. What i want to know is, if there was a choice of one only readymade that you would pick for carp, I know that there are certain frozen boilies that do not atract tench as much as others but is there a readymade and its for these purposes i mention which one would it be?

F

Frothey

it really doesnt exist..... and like keith said, i'd rather have tench feeding in the swim, breaking down baits and stirring the bottom up than not

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Cheers appyamma I shall try to find some in 10 mm but my local shops dont do that size in fruity flavours only fishmeals .

Nick D

Reaction score
Could just be coincidence, but i always found that fishmeals dont get taken by tench as often as fruity baits. Maybe add some boilies as loose feed, tench will fill up quicker than a big carp so once theyve had their fill theres still bait on the deck for the carp.

Do tench prefer sweet fruity baits? I dont know but they do love their sweetcorn.

catman

Reaction score
I find fishmeals far more attractive to fish but are only effective in the summer when the flavours can disperse well. In winter sweet/fruity flavourd must be used to just get some flavours around your swim to attract a barely interested carp into taking a bait for the sake of it. At the end of the day, in the summer if the fish are feeding they will take any bait from a reputable bait company: Mainline, Richworth, Dynamite and Sticky Baits are my favourites.