revels fishery

gareth young

Reaction score
looking for info on this water in dorset, which I am fishing for a week in April. Any tips on which are the best lakes for carp 10lbs upwards welcomed.anyone who has been there I would be interested to hear details of which are the better lakes/areas to concentrate on. thanks

C

Cakey

it was to dear for me when I was looking around......?315 for a week !

Colin Harlow 2

Reaction score
great fishery been 5 or 6 times try the match lake or the main lake not forgetting the stock pond lot of carp in every lake try maggots or corn you can book the specimen lake for about ?20 for 24 hours if you are staying for the week the guys will put you right if you not catching. i was there last week had 180lb of carp 10 of witch were doubles to 15lb & 4 crucians over 2 1/2 lb in 7 hours on the match lake but had doubles on all the lake we fished had a 24 lb catfish from the specimen lake got a great tackle shop as well top fishery

C

Cakey

Colin the specimen lake is ?45 per 24 hrs not about ?20 and no discount for a week

gareth young

Reaction score
i paid ?85 for a week in a caravan on the side of the specimen lake , on ebay.

Blunderer

Reaction score
I fished an overnighter on the specimen lake a few years ago with a couple of mates. It is only tiny, just a hole in the ground really, although mature.
We had a few smallish carp, around 10lb, a few small cats and one cat around 20lb.
It was Ok - not that great to be honest.

trevfish61

Reaction score
I fish it regularly,last week I had numerous carp 5lb-12lb (I have had 18lb common and seen 22s come out,last year a 30 was caught) on the main lake all on nash tutti fruitti using small pva bags,I got a week (28th April-5th May)for 4 people in a mobile home including fishing on 7 lakes for ?125.00 on ebay,they still have some going from ?99.00.We booked the specimen lake for 24 hours for ?25.00.Its a great day ticket water the Match lake catches are 150lb a day for only ?4.50!

Colin Harlow 2

Reaction score
if you are staying in one of the vans for a week you get a discount rate on the specimen lake

Colin Harlow 2

Reaction score
ive booked the specimen lake on ebay from friday midday till monday midday for ?20 2 or 3 times now always had a lot out!

C

Cakey

Ok cheers its worth a phone call for the future ..........Ive booked IOW now for the family hols (Rookley Country Park)

Julian Barber

Reaction score
I fished here in the middle of summer. Got a week in static inc fishing for 70 quid on Ebay
Was scorching hot the week I went, fished mainly early mornings and evenings. Its rammo with fish. Best lake IMHO is the lower one across the field. Have 7 doubles in a short session on there, despite regulars claiming it to be the hardest of the lakes. Fished farthest end, against far tree , baits on edge of treeline...run after run. The other lakes seemed to produce all over, stalking round in the morning the betrayed their presence easily and were suckers to catch. Never fished the Speci lake, but it looked a shallow weedy hole to me

trevfish61

Reaction score
Hi Colin,what do I need to catch the cats in the specimen lake,I've never caught one.Gareth,maybe I'll see you there 28thApril-5thMay.

gareth young 2

Reaction score
i am there 21/4 for the week. if i was fishing for cats i would use 22mm halibuts freelined, or mattesons sausage. use a braid hooklength and you need forceps and a leather gardening glove plus a mat. they usually behave on the mat.