liquidised bread vs dry crumb

nicky

Reaction score
Do you think liquidized bread attracts fish better than dry crumb, the reason i thought of it is because i just wizzed up 2 and a half loaves of fresh bread and the smeel coming off it is delicious i could eat it myself, you dont get that with dry bread crumb

T

Terry D

It really depends on how much feed you think the fish can take on your particular fishery. Although the liquidised is much more appealing, in all senses of the word, it is more filling and so you may not be able to feed much. If you need to take the safe approach then go for the dry crumb. You can even add some powdered milk (Marvel) as extra visual attractant without filling them up.

I

Ian Cloke

Following on from Terry D, if you want to add flavour and a cloud effect to your crumb, just put some dry powdered milk shake into it;-)

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I won a club match on the nene at oundle a few years ago,using bread put through a blender.
Hook bait was casters and liquidised bread and casters and hemp in the feeder.Result was 15lbs of bream and ?60 pools money in my pocket.The same tactic won me second place in a winter league match with roach as my main weight.I lost a pound plus roach to a pike as i was about to net it....cheeky monkey!!!
A workmate of mine,reccomends saving your bread scraps(white bread),drying them in the airing cuboard and then putting them through the blender.He then freezes the crumb in equal sized portions and uses whatever he needs as groundbait etc....
A little tip i can give you is to add a capfull of vanilla essence to your water,before mixing the groundbait.One other tip when mixing the dry white crumb is to trickle water into it and mix very briskly....white bread crumb gets very sticky and lumpy i find.Bread straight from the blender,needs no water i find to bind it etc...... it`s moist enough.

Colin W

Reaction score
try evaporated milk its very sticky but really sweet and atracts fish quick