Horseshoe Lake

catman

Reaction score
Can anyone give me any tips on what to do or where to fish. I have just bought the carp society ticket and am doing Wednesday night. Also would they be spawning yet? Any help please.

catman

Reaction score
I live around 2 hours away. Just need a starting point really with some general info about the place.

Foxy

Reaction score
Fish tend to be moving up into Summer Bay as its getting warmer, theres usually a few fish down on the trout bank but go a find them!. Dont be daunted by the place, its fairly big!

Best advice i can give is spend PLENTY of time mooching about looking for the fish before you set up camp, take minimal stuff so you can move with your barrow if neccesary (even though you are only there for one night!)

watch the weed as there are certain areas that are very, very weedy. Get your hands on Korda (2 or 3 i think) where they are fishing horseshoe. Cast to showing fish, make sure you have got your beefy tackle with you as the fish can show along way out. As you are doing just a single night, dont worry about getting loads of bait down, i would go for high attract bags / stiks with a pop up. dont forget no braid, and min. 15lb line

Have fun