Help for a holiday this year!

L

Len Foster

Right, I cannot fly...tried once was scared witless :(
This is kind of Holiday I'm after....

1 Must have good fishing!
2 I have 2 Daughters, so there must be plenty for them to do.
3 The Misses.....must have have a good cooker :)

I need a holiday park style of thing, mabye Devon/Cornwall area.
Can someone hook me up with some websites or similar?

Many thanks...Len.

A

Andrew Webber

What about anglers paradise? Is that place still going?

C

Carp Angler

Warmwell near Dorchester is supposed to be alright.
It's a Haven Holiday Park and you can take a look here.

L

Len Foster

That White Acres is just the ticket!
Not a lot for kids at Anglers Paradise.

Now! just gotta slip the misses the bit about 15 lakes at White Acres. Might leave that small detail until the weekend after I've taken her out for a nice meal :)

Len.

C

Craig w

Nothing near Anglers Paradise although hes has got nice places to stay.

I have been on holiday to warmwell when i was a kid and had a good time i seem to remember :)
Wasnt one of the lakes at warmwell the home of Herman the once british record carp at 50 somthing pounds until he died?

C

Carp Angler

That's right Craig.

Bertha a 40+ mirror and Herman a 50+ common.
Herman is dead, but I'm not sure about Bertha.

Herman was the fish that Nashy spent many years trying to capture, but it kept being caught to margin fished worm, or Nash boilies, depending on which advert you read.

C

Craig w

I think all the mainstream boys had a go at catching Herman, with no luck, but i the picture of some lady holiday maker holding him is a treat :))

R

Rob Brownfield

I seem to recall Nashy trying to create his own beds of bloodworm at Warmwell by buying in large amounts of frozen bloodworm from the aquarium trade and fishing them in a stocking mesh bag. Worked for the smaller fish..d'oh!

I thought Anglers Paradise was set up for kids?? Is this not where there is the wee farm, horse riding, adventure park, swimming pool etc?

A

Austin Buchan

Len,
Have you thought about the Paris region in
France, Been there the last 3 yrs, have driven there, had great fishing and got
Parc Asterix and Disney 1hr away..I've got
3 kids and they luv it :))

R

Richard Filippa

I went to Warmwell last year and had a great time. Plenty for the 3 kids and stacks of carp from the lake.Have just booked up again.You can even book a peg from the bayliff for the duration of your stay!

eric hall

Reaction score
I used to fish warmwell at the same time as Nashy and Martin Hopper (when he wasn't barbelling) and it was great then, now not so sure heard that it is not the lake it used to be.

Although I have never been to Whiteacres, it sounds pretty good and more organised fishing wise.

tommy

Reaction score
I live in cornwalland I can tell you that no locals will touch it in the summer it gets slaughtered a nice one in the county in trebellan park just outside newquay

ihave a years ticket there and it's good nothing massive but plenty of them

eric hall

Reaction score
Martin hooper sorry! and Lee Jackson was at Warmwell, remember rescuing his watch from the dry ski slope (was only 14!!!)

matt

Reaction score
If you go to whiteacres book one of the lodges. Expensive but it will make your holiday there beter.