woodland waters ancaster

Reaction score
hi all, im having a long day session at woodland waters on wednesday and was after some advice on which areas to target, was thinking maybe the island, i see the biggest fish are comming out of "sudbrooke bay" is this the bay with the match lake behind it or the part on the right hand side of the lake?
also can any1 reccomend tactics/bait? should i go pva as i cant spod?
thanx in advance for any help

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
hi m8 i live in grantham so am close to woodies the bay your on about is the right hand side your on about i would leave the island alone as it gets hammered at the weekends get yourself in the bay backing the match lake it should be quite just put a few pellets in the bag with a dozen boillies spread around the hookbait the place gets hammered at the weekends so the carp are spooked of big piles of bait the water is gin clear at the moment so try and hide your rigs as best as poss i had 2 fish out the bay last tues both took a sourse boillie dont ignore the margins if its quite you should have a good day just hope its not busy good look

Reaction score
ok mate thanx for that, ill give it a go.if i cant get in the bay i might even have a go at the tench in the match lake, have to see what its like being holidays and all.ill let you know how i get on.

Reaction score
ok, just to update,went on wednesday and blanked. was a lot of people fishing the big lake and didnt see anyone get a run.bailiff said that the carp that have comeout lately have leaches on them from sitting on the bottom,they think its winter already! lol
ended up going round with my spinning gear before i packed up and had a couple of nice perch so at least i got something and my mate caught a nice eel on legered worm.

tammy forster

Reaction score
about to go to woodlands for anovernighter, heard mixed reveiws about the place . Are they hauling any big carp out of there latley!?..

Reaction score
bailiff said therea fewnice fish out in the week, 23 and 25 or around that wieght,if the weather keeps warm you might do ok.its quite a hard water from whatim told.i didnt even see a sign of carp when i was there wednesday but i think that was due to n. wind and low temp.

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
hi just done a 48 hr stint without a touch the place was chocker and not 1fish came out its fishing really hard at the moment but we all had a good crack id always advise any one who come here to try and malke it in the week

tammy forster

Reaction score
just back from woodlands, didnt catch a bean! ( nor did anyone adjacent to us) We were fishing near the island. The only time the bite alarm went off during the night ended in an almighty dash outside, causing the air bed to lose the air... only to find a sneaky swannearby. Still smiling though/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

leon elson

Reaction score
hi i just wanted to no or have some advise for when i go woodlands at the weekendi was wondering if i should go on the specimen pond or the othes as i am only going for a day are there any chances of catching on the bigpond thanks leon

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
dont mean to dishearten you bud but i wouldnt bother with the carp lake it will be crammed full i would take your lighter gear and go for the decent tench in the big match lake but where ever you fish on the this weekend it is going to be busy it always is on bank holidays