Who says I never smile....

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
James he lives down south and knows Cakey ,and that be a smile in southern land I believe.

F

Frothey

cakeys from norf of the river and i'm in the west end Gav - devon!

it was just over 20 if i remember right, and from stafford moor. funny, i was just thinking about doing a quicky tomorrow as i havent been since march-ish.....

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
South of Bolton another land begins Frothey it is called the south even mancs could be classed as cockernees around these parts.And might I enquire what is with the curled up toe thingy going on,you should seek medical advice mate quick.

F

Frothey

its down to years of wearing magic pixie boots!

(bulb release under the toes ;) )

Reaction score
Gav is correct....I live in Stockport and he regards me as living in Kensington and Chelsea! What Gav has failed to realise is the photo depicts a Southern angler at the very moment the photographer says "We have fish that big in't lodges at Farnworth"

(Farnworth being a rich and rural verdant pasture land in the south of Bolton)

B

Big Rik

more likely the look when we say we have barbel as big as that down South....

(I never thought I'd see verdant and Bolton in the same sentence)

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Farnworth is a fine and pleasant province of Bolton Rik as Posh depicts,oh the days of the marathon up plodder lane grand days indeed for such simple folks like us.

B

Big Rik

I suppose my view of up t'north are tainted by the times I spent in Oldham and Ashton.
The flea market in Ashton on a Tuesday, where nobody wore a smile, were quite amusing to this rich southerner and the trail of desperate people in and out of Cash Convertors was amusing.

T

The Monk

(Farnworth being a rich and rural verdant pasture land in the south of Bolton)

my office is in Bolton, would that BOLTON, would that rich and rural verdant pasture land be that field behind the drug centre

Reaction score
Used to go out with a girl from Farnworth!

Gav...that marathon would it be the running one, or the one that featured a few ales and a possible stop at Highfield Angling...if it were open? I worked in Bolton town centre and in Westhoughton (lovely folk are the cowy-heads). It honestly did me no harm. Ah ....Sandra Tattersall...where is she now?

Still...does it make a southern big ratfish angler smile?

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
A few ales for me Posh ,none of that running rubbish,Highfield tackle does tend to open its doors when it pleases these days it seems,I am not sure if the famous England chap still owns it though as it wasnt open when I visited last .

Foxy

Reaction score
Spent a lot of time in Blackburn and Burnley. Lovely people, road in reminded me of the bit on "shaun of the dead" where they find the army compound he he