badger boilie throwing stick

nicky

Reaction score
I was looking to buy my first throwing stick, i saw this one on ebay for £7 is there any advantage in buying a more expensive one

themyth

Reaction score
korda easy sticks only a couple of £ more,not seen a badger one,but imagine it will be tatt like the rest of there tackle.

mol

Reaction score
Seeing as they're only a bent plastic tube I'd guess there will be nowt wrong with the badger stick. I use the easy stick too and there a good bit of kit if you don't leave them in direct sunlight on a really hot day:mad:

It can take a while to get the hang of a throwing stick but once you have the knack there is no quicker way of putting a bed of boilies out.

themyth

Reaction score
Seeing as they're only a bent plastic tube I'd guess there will be nowt wrong with the badger stick. I use the easy stick too and there a good bit of kit if you don't leave them in direct sunlight on a really hot day:mad:

It can take a while to get the hang of a throwing stick but once you have the knack there is no quicker way of putting a bed of boilies out.

thought you would have one of those toy electronic boats mol;)

terry m

Reaction score
I have a Gardner Scorpion stick and I am happy to admit that it is difficult to get the knack of it, I would sooner use a catapult if I am in range.

Be prepared to practice a lot before proficiency levels increase!!

cg74

Reaction score
I was looking to buy my first throwing stick, i saw this one on ebay for £7 is there any advantage in buying a more expensive one

Seven quid, they're only £4 here (which IMO is still overpriced for a length of plastic pipe): Throwing stick --- Ultimate Direct Factory Outlet Store

I'd say there's no advantage in buying a more expensive version.

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

Nah, up to a range of 60-70 yards a catapult is far quicker and quicker than that is one of those bait scoops, this sort of thing: BRAND NEW BAIT / FOOD / GROUNDBAIT SCOOP FOR FISHING | eBay

bradp

Reaction score
i can guarantee the first few will land by your feet! it does take a while to get the hang of. Wouldn't have thought there's a huge difference between the badger one and a more expensive model.

nicky

Reaction score
Only reason i want one is that im planning on night fishing a water for carp this year where i fished a couple of times last year and the only people to catch were firing boilies a long way to an island and fishing single hook baits over the top.
There are so may bream and silvers anything else gets mopped up in seconds.

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

i've been thinking of buying a groundbait catapult as well this year for medium range fishing would i be better off getting one of those bait scoops i wonder?

Beaker

Reaction score
I use a Korda easi stick and have no problems. For the sake of a couple of quid get a Korda.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
I actually thought you were turning badgers into boilies !!! phew them farmers would not mind , its badger bashing time again with tb .
Drennan boilie catapult supposed to be good if you dont fancy baiting most of the lake with a stick.

mol

Reaction score
Scoops spread alot and I can't can the range a catapult can, TBH I much prefer to use a stick for all my baiting with boilies. Once you get the hang of a stick they're far quicker than a catapult and I can certainly use a stick more accurately. The trick is to work out how many boilies you need to get a certain distance on 'full power' and whilst using the stick keep it moving in a straight line.

If you're going for maxium range damp the inside of the stick with a little lake water and use frozen or air dried baits so they don't split. 20mm baits will go further than 15mm baits.

themyth

Reaction score
your air-dried baits will be too light to get any distance with a stick,if its distance your after'then try adding limestone flour and a bit off extra egg albumen to your mix,this will give the bait extra weight and give the baits a tougher skin to stop them splitting.