Kryston Mantis Dark

PTnymph

Reaction score
Have anyone have use this product yet?

If so can anyone tell me if it good or not? There is one water which I am going to tackle it next year and it is the ultra hard water due to two problems -

1) there is the slit layer of 10" deep

2) Not many big carp but a few over the 25lb mark which I am hoping to get by putting a lot of effort and time

W

Wolfman Woody

Yes. It's like the other Mantis products only - DARK!

Like Silkworm, it's woven from braids of white and black to give it its irregular colour or a sort of dark grey. Other than that it's super, just like Mantis should be.

15lbs has 3 braids, 25lbs has five braids. Well worth having soem by you if you fish silty waters, alongside the greeny gold, and the goldy brown.

K

Keith Finn

I have been using this for the last few months now and it is not too bad.

Now it may be my imagination but is the " Skin " a bit too soft ?

I have noticed that after every fish the " skin "has been pushed up the hooklink well more then whereI set it at ( if that makes sense).

The material seems to be a bit more supple then the original Gold, which can only be a good thing but my concern is the softer outer coating.

I don't want to sound like a minge bag but I don't want to be changing my end rig after every fish.

Keith

W

Wolfman Woody

Keith,

"minge bag" is a new one on me, but you don't sound like one, whatever it looks like.

I've not noticed any problems at all. The braid is very supple, but different to the original? Not sure, but here's a tip, when you strip the outer on any Kryston coated braid, keep running your finger nails over the braid in the same way, maybe 6 times or so.

The material receives 2-5 coats of undercoat first and this sometimes leaves the braid feeling stiffish. If you want it softer, doing the above strips out the undercoats as well. It certainly works with Quicksilver.

F

Frothey

steaming it can makethe outera bit stiffer, also if you removing the skin you have stripped back, rather than leaving it bunched up,will stop it moving about.

not had the problem though......

J

John Huntley

Keith

Did you mean whinge bag? Freudian slip I think

G

Gary Knowles

I've been using it for bream in 15lb when fishing over silt.

Like the rest of the Kryston products I've experienced no problems at all.