how to make an ex-friend

H

Huw (ACA)

An (now) ex-friend of mine at work, was regaiking me with another of his Carping exploits. I can't remember where he was fishing just now, but if I do I'll post the location, for the reason which will become clear shortly.

Phill is a very keen Carp, and only Carp angler. No other fish interest him. When he returned from his last trip the other day, I asked him how many he caught. His reply annoyed me greatly, and I now only speak to him if I have to.

He told me that over the four days, he only had three Carp but loads of f*****g Bream, up to five and a half pounds. ( A nice fish as far as I'm concerned). Explaining how much he hates the "bin lids" and their associated slime, his explanation of his unhooking technique for these fish, is what upset me.

"I grabs the hook with me forceps, gives it a shake, then kick the f******g fing back in the lake. I hates the damn things"

PLEASE tell me not all Carp anglers feel this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

The blokes a twat. Perhaps needs some educating and if that fails then a good smack in the face and see how he likes it! /forum/smilies/baring_teeth_smiley.gif

H

Huw (ACA)

Wol, the problem is, he doesn't see any problem with what he's doing. His skin is Rhino thick/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay AMIMechE (SA) MIFE (SA) (ACA)

Peter Stone just before he died witnessed carp anglers "Drop Kicking" tench back into the water.

flukes

Reaction score
bloke sounds like a numb nut, not all carp anglers are like this although bream can be seen as a nuisance at times when carp fishing they should still be treated with care just like any fish i've had bream up 14lb and use the same routine as i would if it was a carp but theresome not just carp anglers that will treat fish this way.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Huw, tell him straight!

You've already lost all respect for him, so no loss there.

You never know, he might think about it and treat the fish better?

Mel P

Reaction score
Not so thick-skinned that he won't feel 17 stone of Mel's hammer !!!!!!!!

Currently in the process of educating some formerly carp only anglers and there are some stoopid opinions - like they fish a general venue and complain that other species are there - go figure......... I do find the carp only camo nutters funny but not in a nice way.

I enjoy Carp fishing - but am an all-rounder and greatly miss some of my local Cheshire meres that were general venues - including bream that have been turned into one-dimensional carp ponds - there's room for everyone but less than there was........ with all the carp ponds and conversions to carp ponds for the narrow mindednutcases with too much money to spend on their gear.

A tackle shop owning friend said she loves carp anglers as they will pay a premium for similar gear - e.g. Carp big pit reels - 30% more than similar-sized and specced 'sea' reels.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
He needs a kick in the Head, bollocks and then stamp on his **** if you can find it.

Carp get in my way sometimes when i am after Tench or Bream, but they get cared for as do all fish i catch, or should i say when i catch.

F

Fred Bonney

To paraphrase something said elsewhere,about a photo of a row of fish, "they're only fish"/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

No difference in my view,any mistreatment of a fish,should be frowned upon, and if appropriate acted upon..

The miscreant should be advised, the error of his ways

Reaction score
I am generally a 'carp' only angler, andI do not particulralry enjoy catching bream when I go, my reason being that I don't feelI can honestly count them, regardless of size, if I am not deliberately fishing for them (that's one side of my angling that my girlfriend really can't get her head round!).

My unhooking regime is slightly different to your ex-friend, though. SinceI can't count them, they don't even see the bank or even the landing net. I guide them to the water at my feet, kneel down, grip the hook with the forceps and do a little shake. The bream, unhooked, is left to swim away without any detriment whatsoever.

So no, not all carp anglers are the same, and if I find out carp anglers are behaving like that on a water i am fishing, I immediately leave it, never to return.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I guide them to the water at my feet, kneel down, grip the hook with the forceps and do a little shake.

Wouldn't that be widening the hook hold in the fish's mouth?

adrian turner

Reaction score
wot a complete knobber!!!! i do fish for carp bit im also happy to catch absolutely anything iv just started getting my 5yr old son into fishing and have told him from the star that its the fishes welfare that is number one. ppl like that twat dont deserve to enjoy our brilliant sport!!!!!!!!!! /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

Nick D

Reaction score
Unfortunatly you occasionally come across people like this, yes bream can be a bit annoying when they disturb a rig intended for carp but thats just fishing!

If he didn't want to catch them he should fish somewhere else.

W

Wolfman Woody

Steve said -
"Huw, tell him straight!
You've already lost all respect for him, so no loss there.
You never know, he might think about it and treat the fish better?"

I wholeheartedly agree! Forget this nut him. kick him in the nuts, business, if he's that thick skinned he wouldn't feel it anyway.

It's seems obvious by the fact that he's telling you these stories that he treats you as his friend. So, tell him he's no friend of yours if he continues with such practices and tell him why! Tell him it upsets you and that he should change his ways quickly or you would rather he find other acquaintances that share his view.

If that doesn't have soem effect, then kick <u>him</u> in the lake.

N

NomadPaul

Ask him how he would feel if he sawa tench/bream fisherman catch a large carp and giving it the same treatment as he gives to bream ?.......

davie

Reaction score
the guy`s an a-hole. if he does that i hope someone does something along the same lines to him

C

Cider Bob*PAC*

The blokes an utter co*k,who needs the hiding of a lifetime.

Print this thread off and post it through his letter box.