farnham angling

mjw

Reaction score
Has anyone fished any of the farnham angling waters lately, any info regading any of there waters would be gratefully recieved

Thanks.........Mark

Matty C

Reaction score
fished baggie lea a few weeks ago.. relatively easy water as they go, n all three of the group I went with all caught a good number of fish over the weekend.. Am yet to fish any of the others, but have wandered round stillwater 1 and 2, both look lovely, as does Tarn and the warren.. Frensham great lake and small ( even the small one is 30 acres, the great being 60) lake both look nice to fish, but have some funny rules, the regulars are very snooty, and both are very hard waters..

hope this helps..

Matt

steveo

Reaction score
About 3 years ago I Had a walk round little Frensham,lovely water.......Heard the same thing about the regular's,shame.The car park is away's from the lake and rumors of the angler's car's getting damaged put me off.Might be better now tho

mjw

Reaction score
Thanks lads, i fished Tarn last weekend with a mate, had 1 fish each, 11lb & 9lb. Fish were showing all around us but obviously not having it as i only saw 2 other fish caught in the 48 hours we were there. Lovely surrounding's to fish in though

Mark

Rob Hale

Reaction score
Hi Mark,

Well done - Tarn's a lovely water and the fish are growing fast in there.

I was having good results using a bed of pellets (large pellets mixed with fine shrimp and micro halibut) with a few fishmeal boilies on it.

Don't be afraid to feed the fish, once they're on i, they're on it.

Frensham - lovely waters, stunning fish - don't believe all the smoke & mirrors you hear - it's designed by a few people to put people off fishing there.

Rewards are more than worth the effort (they're not easy).

There's lots of waters to chose from and they range from easy runs waters to specimen waters which are hard, but may reward you with a 40lb+ fish.

Hope this helps

Rob

mjw

Reaction score
Hey Rob

Thanks for the Info, I'v fished baggy a couple of times with only Bream landed, had intended to concentrate on stillwater front lake but on my first trip of the year there in spring was told only about forty carp present, do you know different?

Spent a couple of nights on Tarn a couple of weeks ago and landed a 11lb mirror but seen plent of fish activity, thinking about a return visit next week maybe before for the weather gets too cold. Maybe a bit longer this time if theres room, are there any better areas of the lake? It seemed pretty uniformed to me.

Looking forward to some spring tench next year at Frensham, glad to hear the rumours aren't all true

Thanks again Rob

Tightlines

Rob Hale

Reaction score
I've not done a huge amount of time on the front lake,I'm not sure on numbers of carp, I'd probably say more than 40, but they come out a fair bit.

Start by finding the fish, swims like pops and treasure island and fishing on the canal bank to the back of the pads are always popular - I stick to fishing the margins.

The back lake's quieter (people not wanting the extra walk), fish off of the islands which hold the fish.

Frensham's also got some very nice Rudd to fish for if you fancy it.

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

Rob

Matty C

Reaction score
still water back lake does have crayfish.. dont think the front has them though.. dont know about numbers of fish though..

Rob Hale

Reaction score
Both have crayfish in varying numbers - they cause more of a problem in the winter - although the club's been very successfully trapping and removing them. Since this has been going on I haven't heard any complaints about them - so hopefully it's having a real effect.

mjw

Reaction score
Hi Rob

I decided to leave the carping alone for a bit, atleast till we have a mild spell anyway. You mentioned the Rudd in Frensham but what I'm really looking for are some nice Roach, any of frenshams water worth a shot?

Thanks

Mark