Surface Fishing

Reaction score
steve how many lines are on the market ? just use wot you have got m8 most people have got there own choice . i am not saying anyone is right or wrong dark camo or clear ? the line i am useing atm is diffrent from cakeys or frotheys

K

keith buckley

found wychwood floating braid to be good. easy to see but doesn't appear to spook the fish.

T

The Monk

I still line Kristons multistrand for carp with a bit of flatant in places, what specie are you fishing for

T

teecee

Keith-Wychwood Floating braid-do you use this only at the business end and tied to mono or do you load the reel with it?

What test do you use and for what species??

I surface fish a lot and have found mono fine(Maxima)but only up to 6lb test which is fine for the wild carp I fish for.This is treated with line floatant and works okay BUT I am interested in your suggestion

Steve Parker 4

Reaction score
I've only ever used normal 6lb line for surface fishing, but going to Wylands at the weekend and carp apparently go to 25lb and are still on the surface. However cold spell coming in so we shall see

wayne brooks

Reaction score
i use fox drifter braid with six foot of drennan double strength mono. works well/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

K

keith buckley

hi steve,

I use 15lb wychwood floating braid as amain line ( I think that's the only strength they do ) with a leader of 10 lb sensor mono. I only use it for carp but the water I fish is snaggy and the carp run up to low twenties.