Contradicting Carp anglers & unobservant editors

fongy74

Reaction score
Reading through a popular publication recently got me a little annoyed.The magazine in question is a popular carp fishing magazine which i am not going to name neither will i name the articles writer.
The article was on rigs,specificaly the KD style way of whipping the hook to the hooklength.The article goes on saying that the simple ways are the best and all other complicated rigs i.e. the 360 rig ect are a waste of time yet in the very same publication some 3 years ago the same high profiled angler who says it's a waste of time actually gave a step by step instructed guide on how to tie the 360 rig.Furthermore the article from 3 years earlier couldn't praise Dave Lanes invented 360 degree rig enough saying the rig had accounted for most of his fish in the past 2 seasons.I wouldn't have bothered posting this article if the angler had have mentioned that he had wrote about it in the years previous and that he had changed his mind over time but there was no mention of it.The editor of the said publiction should be on the ball when it comes to issues like this especially when younger members of the angling community hang on the very words some of these high profile fisherman have put into print,and before folk start saying "well read something else then"they should bear in mind that quite a few people subscribe to the magazine.My 2 sons are subscribed to a couple of publications the said magazine being one of them,it was my youngest son who brought the issue to my attention and if a child still in primary school can spot something like that then im pretty sure the editor should have.

fongy74

Reaction score
Yes it's the same editor thats what had me scratching my head,it's a bit slack to have had an article that is in complete contradiction to a previous one get past editorial and like i said i wouldn't have bothered posting if the angler had mentioned that he had changed his mind over the 3 years but there was no mention.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Perhaps the editor only deals with the present and doesn't keep old stuff active in his mind, or store stuff in his mind from 3 years back.
Maybe he's got older and his memory has faded?

The angler has effectively told you that anyway, by telling it the way he does it.
Now if in two weeks he comes back and tells you the 360 is the only way then you do have a gripe!!

fongy74

Reaction score
Your probably right Fred in a situation were the subject matter is limited it's only a matter of time before a mistake (if it is a mistake) like that was about to happen.