Carp Society / Sandown Scandal

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

Don't forget tortious conspiracy to injure by the three members of the 'Complaining Cartel' of price fixers.

And that if Mr. Mannall is coy about identifying them then your advisers might well consider hitting with a pre-action application for disclosure of all of his relevant documents and records, together withsupporting Affidavit on oath from him and oral public examination on oath in default......

But I suggest you reign in your horses a little as far as Mr. Mannall / the Society are concerned. Especially on a public forum, least said soonest mended is pretty good advice when the opportunity to negotiate some settlement is possible. Once the publicity machine has started to roll the chances of amicable settlementare very much reduced when people feel unable to back down as looking weak when all carried out in the glare public scrutiny.

He / the society don't seem to me to be the real villains of the piece. He accepted your booking and was happy for you to attend. He has then subsequently been put under what must have been extreme and intense pressure by the Cartel to force him to cancel you out, knowing that he would be rendering the Society to a substantial and effectively undefendable action for substantial damages for breach.... (don't forget to claim not only your wasted set up expenses but also damages for losss of the estimated profit you would have made as well).

So bear in mind your real enemy and frame plans accordingly. Get your money and damages back from the Society, not really a problem if the facts you have asserted here are proved. But does no harm to your real enemy which remain - get 'em now and save a world of pain in future.

The Monk

Reaction score
I must say the society appears to have changed a lot since my limited involvement, I have`nt heard of any of the names on the list, I would have though Uncle Tim would have been on there somewhere in view of all the hard work he has put ijn over the years. The Carp Society was certainly revolutionary back in 1981, it was the first carpmans carp organisation and did a lot to bring carp anglers together as a strong social and political force.

I don`t think that would be the matt hayes,the young ladwho writes for the mags, surely someone older and more experienced would be the Carp Society president?

F

Fred Bonney

Just a name,I would say to pull out of the woodwork, for functions, and the odd quote.

F

Frothey

I must say the society appears to have changed a lot since my limited involvement

thats an understatement! Daphne's still there and still lovely, no-one else seems to answer emails or phonecalls though....

The Monk

Reaction score
thats very sad Frothy, the CS did so much for carp fishing in the past

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

Don't jump on my bones if I misunderstand but isn't the Carp Society these days as I understood it now really just a commercial entity dealing with Horseshoe as its principal asset rather than the experimenting band of brothers of twenty years ago ? And as a commercial body should expect to be dealt with as such if it breaks a contract..... but its the people putting pressure on it that need to be dealt with, its an anticompetitive and illegal conspiracy to price fix and to damage another's business by such unlawful means. Just not sure who to go to to investigate and prosecute it to be honest. Trading standards ? office of fair trade ? full panoply of EU anti-competitive legislation..... a trifle OTT perhaps. But still, not good.

NIGE K

Reaction score
good luck with the case sam,i have bought rods n reels from youand can say you give an excellent service keep up the good work.

F

Frothey

Thats not entirely true evan, they've got another couple of waters as well LOL!

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

OK, but the basic point, as I understood it they're now a fully fledged profit making commercial body, not the well minded experimenting chaps and chappesses (if there were any ?) of yesteryear and as such take their knocks as such.... ?

R

Roto Fryer 1

there is offer and acceptance so there is a contract. end of story sue them for loss of income etc etc

Mad Dog

Reaction score
im with erics team on this one.

price fixing is illegal and fair trade is paramount to any business.

under pressure from the majority a mistake has been made.

the carp society need to refund'erics angling'losses quicklyand offer you a free pitch next timethey hold an event to repair the damage and show the customers they fixed a mistake.

this will blow over if its sorted quickly./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Mad Dog

Reaction score
ps- i hear that many threads on this subject are being pulled and people are getting booted off forums,hope this isnt one of them!

The Monk

Reaction score
sam have you written to the carp society yet for an explaination?