Canel Carping

D

DAVID WILLIAMS

Hello out there,
Am I the only angler in the Leics,Northants area fishing the GUC for carp this winter. If I'm not ,drop me a line to share info etc,especially
locations,and to reassure me I'm not the only angler on this
huge linear lake fishing winter evenings

S

Stewart Bloor

Hi Dave, I'm not fishing the GUC even though I do have a Luton card, which includes a lot of the canal. Do you have a Luton card, just as a shot in the dark?
I did fish the Staffs/Worcs canal this spring. It is NOT a noted big fish water. I have never seen a specimen angler on the canal. I managed a mirror, just over 10, so I was very happy !!

N

Neil Wayte

Hi Dave don't moan about being the only one fishing the GUC just enjoy yourself and catch a few possibly uncaught carp.Quite rare now but very rewarding.

M

Mike Fidler

Lots of carp in the GUC down this way. I fished a couple of early mornings in the summer. Just on the outskirts of Northampton. Had a few doubles but the majority seemed to be a lot of the stock that was washed out of Nether Heyford fishery a couple of seasons ago in the Easter floods. I did read that there were some big twentys that came out from the Milton Keynes stretch. I wish I'd won the lottery and could go fishing as often as possible and try all these different locations.