Flavoring Fake Baits

Chris Campbell

Reaction score
Whats the best way to flavor Fake Baits? By leaving them in a thick bait glug or in a strong flavor solution. Noticed a guy with fake baits in a container with a solution not thick enough to be a glug. Is leaving them constantly in a strong alcohol or glycerol based flavor solution a good idea or are these solutions too strong for this job?

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
Why not meet in the middle? I have a concoction of flavours and dips. For my plastic, I like to add some strawberry buttercream flavour - a strong over powering liquid - with liquid molasses. The flavour penetrates deep into the plastic which allows it to excrete out slowly with a far more appealing flavour.

rouse01

Reaction score
same ere jezza,never flavoured my fake baits & ive alwayz done well on em! use fake corn on carp waters quite regular & alwayz bin successful,addin flavour has never crossed my mind!

Chris Campbell

Reaction score
Thats good to know guys many thanks for the reply's. I have caught fish on fake baits without flavor too. How ever as a fisherman I think it's in your own interest to be open minded and try and come up with other ideas to give you an edge on normal days and when the going is tough. I have not really got a clear answer with the exception of the first answer. What is best to flavor fake baits strong flavors or thick glugs?

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

Why not meet in the middle? I have a concoction of flavours and dips. For my plastic, I like to add some strawberry buttercream flavour - a strong over powering liquid - with liquid molasses. The flavour penetrates deep into the plastic which allows it to excrete out slowly with a far more appealing flavour.

Do you leave your fake bait soaking in your home made solutions all the time mate, or do you soak them say over night then take them out?

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Most glugs are made from a glycerine solution this is a very thick medium which will not penetrate the fine cell structure of a plastic bait. The best flavour is an Ethel alcohol based flavour which is very thin and runny with a very fine molectular structure this will ensure the flavour does get well into the plastic. My two favourites are Raspberry and Pineapple.
383-nutrabaits-flavours-nutrafruits-ea-100-ml-th.jpg

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
[/QUOTE] Do you leave your fake bait soaking in your home made solutions all the time mate, or do you soak them say over night then take them out?[/QUOTE]

I just keep them in the mix constantly, because it's never overpowering you cant over soak them, they always have the same smell/concentration no matter how long you leave them in for. Mine have been in the same pot for 14 months! I top it up after each cast with a new piece of dip it in if im feeling lazy.
See my recent success with this concoction @ the Carp Mad Man

Chris Campbell

Reaction score
Thank you guys for answering my questions and not going off the subject. Got some Nutrabaits Pineapple flavoring in the house so will get some of the fake baits soaking in it tonight.