Is this carp OK?

nickmonger

Reaction score
About 4 weeks ago I caught this carp and noticed it had these strange lumps all over its body. It seemed relatively healthy apart from looking fugly.

Anyone know what this is?

nickmonger-albums-carp-disease-picture3206-fish-acne.jpg

Last edited:

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
Probably looks odd because ITS NOT A CARP, look at the fins. Have you got any more pictures? The amount of bream i've caught that have that appears to be now pretty standard of the snot buckets anyway. Wouldn't worry about it. Never caught a carp with that or bream like fins.

nickmonger

Reaction score
Probably looks odd because ITS NOT A CARP, look at the fins. Have you got any more pictures? The amount of bream i've caught that have that appears to be now pretty standard of the snot buckets anyway. Wouldn't worry about it. Never caught a carp with that or bream like fins.

Ok, showing my noobishness to the max...its probably a Bream them. Photo below

nickmonger-albums-carp-disease-picture3207-bream-carp-noob-has-no-clue.png

dannytaylor

Reaction score
yep its a bream and they are spawning turbecles. Perfectly healthy. It seems quite late in the year for a bream to be carrying them??? i might be wrong but then again i dont have a lot of experience of fishing german waters.

nickmonger

Reaction score
yep its a bream and they are spawning turbecles. Perfectly healthy. It seems quite late in the year for a bream to be carrying them??? i might be wrong but then again i dont have a lot of experience of fishing german waters.

Thanks - Photo was taken about 4 weeks ago now so its not that recent.

Glad its not some sort of disease otherwise I would prob change fishing lakes.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
If that was caught in Germany, it could be a Nase rather than a bream. Not something i have seen myself, but remember hearing of them and just googled it - it has the bream-like anal fin, but is not high backed and has a distinctive mouth and head, which your fish may have.

nickmonger

Reaction score
If that was caught in Germany, it could be a Nase rather than a bream. Not something i have seen myself, but remember hearing of them and just googled it - it has the bream-like anal fin, but is not high backed and has a distinctive mouth and head, which your fish may have.

It was caught in Holland, about 15 mins from Germany border